|Fun with family for Julien's First Communion.|
My sister top left, my niece top right...
- So here I go again. Falling back into old patterns. Two weeks in between blog posts. Again, I'm running out of stuff to say. So here is a 2 week re-cap of my life. We celebrated Julien's 1st Communion at the beginning of the month. It was fairly low key. Just immediate family. It was a wonderful day and my boy was incredibly handsome in his chinos, dress shirt, tie and vest. No suit. So wasteful to spend hundreds of dollars on something he'll only wear once. I think he was the best dressed kid there, but I am biased:-)
- After the ceremony in a church that was too hot for human life, we went to dinner at Tucker's Marketplace Buffet. Back to the church for a moment. How hot was it? It was so hot that an elderly man sitting in front of me almost passed out and had to be escorted from the church. I believe Julien's principal called 911 so they could check him out in the parking lot. A packed church with no ventilation does not make for a comfortable time.
|Mother's day goodies:-)|
- Mother's Day is always bitter sweet for me. I hate that if I want to see my mom, I have to go to the graveyard. And My birth mother is gone as well. I was just getting to know her when she passed. But, I celebrate the wonderful gift that is my son on Mother's Day. Julien made me a beautiful jewelry box that he is so proud of. It's prominently displayed on my dresser and is the perfect size for my bangles. We got to have a "date" day the day before Mother's Day. Every Mother's Day I spend with my mother-in-law. I don't mind because when my mom was alive, we'd do lunch with my MIL and dinner with my mother. When I get Mother's Day to myself, it means my MIL is gone and I'd rather see her in the flesh on Mother's Day than not.
|Most recent pics of my abdomen. Taken last week.|
Time to up the squats. That's one flat ass...
- Longest running and most asked question I get regarding weight loss is where did my loose skin go. I've not a clue. I'm 45 in a couple of weeks. All I can say is I've been blessed with good elasticity on my abdomen. Now I'm not gonna lie. I'm standing as straight as possible to smooth out any wrinkles, but all in all, I'm happy with my abdominal area. It is soft though. I need to legit work on my muscle tone. I have lots of loosey goosey areas that could get nice and firm if I get my ass into a gym.
- I've found mobile "trainers" who will go to your gym and scream at you while you work out. That's exactly what I need. And they're billed under "physio" which is awesome for me because I have unlimited physio benefits through work. Just waiting for an assessment and I'm heading back into the gym. I'd like to get my body fat percentage down to 20-22%. Just the right amount of leanness with definition, in my opinion.
|My first run with this girl since Stockholm.|
- Training for the Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon is going awesome. I'm up to 8 hill repeats and 18K for my long run. The event is being held on June 7th so I've 2 more long runs before the big day. My feet have been better. Not cured. They still go numb and cramp, but it's not as intense as it was. So although the acupuncture has helped, it's not been my cure for Morton's Neuroma.
- I am injured, again. It's my hamstring, again. The Intramuscular Stimulation Therapy helped while I was getting it, but it was intense and put me out of commission for a good day afterwards. I don't want to get poked and prodded anymore. Hence why working with a personal physio at my gym will be most beneficial. I need to work up my lower body, back and core strength. That will help most with my chronic injuries and make me a more efficient runner. My pace has gone down again. I'm running injured and it makes for a slow start. Can't remember when or if I ever ran uninjured. Yep, runner probs right there...