|My main goal for 2014 even though I didn't write it down? To stay within|
5 pounds of my current weight of 157 pounds. And I'm 5'7" in case anyone
is wondering! Dreams really can come true...if you work hard for them:)
- So this is Christmas, and what have you done? Another year's over. And a new one's just begun! Sing it John (Lennon)! What have I done this past year? Well, let's recap shall we?
- I started the year out at my "goal" weight of 165 pounds. Just in case you're curious, I started 2012 at a weight of 250 pounds.
- In March 2013, I ran my first 1/2 marathon with a finishing time of 2:19:47. I was aiming for the sub 2:15 half, but had to abandon that dream at the 14K point when my toes cramped so badly that I had to walk for about a half a kilometer before I could run again.
- On March 9th 2013, I celebrated my 1 year runniversary:)
- At the end of March, hubby and I ran the Around the Bay 30K as a 2-person relay. His furthest distance to date, and I ran all the hills on the back half!
- In the spring of 2013, I taught my 3rd running clinic at the Running Room. The 10K clinic with some really awesome people!
- In the spring of 2013, I started to eat strictly, The Paleo Diet for Athletes. It changed my life. That is all.
- On June 2nd, I ran my 2nd half marathon in Niagara Falls, Ontario with a finishing time of 2:22:35. I ran with my running mentor Carol and tried for the sub 2:15 half again, but had to abandon it when my toes cramped at the 15K mark. We did a lot more walking than running after that.
- After the Niagara Falls Women's half, I began training for my 1st marathon and coached hubby to train for his first half marathon. Exciting times!!!!!
- On September 4th, I broke my right ankle:( Womp, womp, womp...I spent six weeks in a cast and freaked out! I was convinced that I would gain weight during the 10 weeks I had to take off from running! I didn't gain weight, and actually managed to lose a few pounds, but that was only due to SEVERE diligence. I did lose muscle mass though.
- In October, I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma which explained the crampy toes and pain during long runs. Womp, womp, womp:(
- I began running again in November...and for the first time in my life, I lost weight without even trying to! Never thought I would see the 150's ever...but here I am sitting at 157. Running again kick started my metabolism:)
- Had to say goodbye to my beautiful boy Finn at the end of November. The hardest thing I had to contend with this year for sure. I still miss him and I think of him every single day. He has a piece of my heart forever:(
- I began training for the Around the Bay 30K a few weeks ago. Hubby and I are going to run the entire distance together. Our furthest distance to date.
- I begin 2014 at my lowest adult weight ever. I'm sitting at 157, and I'm good as long as I stay that weight within a 5 pound radius (I tend to gain weight when I'm training hard due to water retention). And I just realized, that I am FINALLY considered a healthy BMI (even though BMI is a crock of shit if you ask me). Can I get my certificate now Dr. Poon??????
- Wishing you and yours a very healthy and happy New Year! Cheers! And remember...it's just one day, and it's just food. Don't do anything you'll regret in the morning! And BE SAFE!!!!!!!!
|My late Christmas gift to myself. My all leather Steve Madden|
boots from Value Village in near mint condition for (drum roll
please)...$14.99!!! Those are 4.25 inch heels!!!