Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Caught with his hand in the Nutella jar

I had my 6th weigh-in this past Friday.  I lost another 6.5 pounds of fat.  I'm in a very awkward size stage right now.  All my clothes are too big for me, and except for my smaller sized yoga pants, none of the next size down fit me as yet.  Almost though...I can put them on, but not do them up.  Even though it seems depressing, it's rather exciting.  I know that in a couple of weeks I will be able to do them up.

Did I mention how much I love Value Village.  I bought three pairs of Gap Jeans, that barely look warn, for under $30 with tax.  That is excellent value, and I will definitely keep shopping at Value Village.  My husband thinks that I'm crazy, but I told him not to knock it until he checks it out.  He's a visual shopper and needs rows of the same clothing on display so all he needs to do is look for his size.  I like going through the racks and finding unique things.  My brother-in-law has always raved about great designer deals he finds at Value Village and he's a pretty snappy dresser.  I think I will borrow a style page from him:)

So with last week's six pound loss I've lost just over 30 pounds.  Don't ask me how much is fat and how much is water.  The whole fat/water thing is so confusing to me.  Dr. Stephen does "the math" with me every weigh-in and I stare at him with a glazed, deer in headlights expression.  This is why I am in social services, so I wouldn't have to do math!  The bottom line is, I don't really care, just so long as the number on the scale keeps going down.

It was pleasant to go to a family gathering this weekend and have MANY people approach me and tell me how good I looked.  My father-in-law was such a sweetheart.  He kept giving me the thumbs-up and making the "OK" sign.  I barely walked in the door when he walked up to me and whispered "how mucha you loose?".  He's the cutest Italian gentleman and it meant a lot for me to see the pride in his face.  That right there was a good motivator.

I'm in my 9th week of the diet (which I will refer to as my lifestyle change from now on). The food I eat still does not bother me in the least.  I belong to a Facebook page about Dr. Poon's diet which is managed by his son.  Many people talk about struggling with the diet and falling off the wagon and having to start again.  I can certainly sympathize with their struggle, but one thing that really stands out for me is that I will be in the same predicament if I can't keep carbs and sugar out of my life.  That is my main focus and I can honestly say that I still do not miss or crave them.  Even when I reach my goal weight, I will continue to eat VERY limited sugar and carbohydrates. Many of the Poon dieters talk about boredom with the foods, but I eat the same things every day.  I eat to stop my hunger, then I want to move on.  For the first time in my life I'm actually thinking of food as a life source and not the source of my entertainment and enjoyment.

I'm pretty much done with this entry, but must add this as a side note.  I just got up to stretch and caught my husband sneakily getting Nutella out of a cupboard we would not keep Nutella in...because he secretly bought it!  When I confronted him he erupted into fits of laughter (as did I) because he knows I'll give him shit.  Funniest thing is, that he'll argue till death that Nutella is nutritionally sound because there are "no preservatives, no artificial colours and it's a source of vitamin E".  I know better ;)