Saturday, February 7, 2015

The post about getting plowed and curvy girl problems

There's over a foot of snow there, but hubby shoveled before going to bed and it
snowed for several more hours after I took that pic.

  • The snow that has been holding off for most of the winter reared it's ugly head this past week. We got dumped on Sunday into Monday. Monday was our first official snow day this winter. Schools were closed. Cars were grounded at work. I was stuck at home till my street got plowed. That didn't happen till afternoon. Julien and the neighborhood kids spent the better part of the day playing outside. I did some work and made a grocery list. I had zero food in the house. Luckily there is a grocery store right at the foot of my street so hubby walked to get enough stuff for the day. I went to do a food shop that night at Walmart. The upside was that no one was there. The downside? The parking lot was not plowed. 
  • I've had a pretty uneventful week. Same shit, different day. I'm having a hard time concentrating. Just all the crazy that's happening at work and in life. This too shall pass and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger...or some kind of crap like that.
  • Training is back on point. Just missed one yoga class this week due to the snow. But I've kept up with my runs. It's been bitterly cold. And the snow makes me use different leg muscles when I run. Especially running up and over the very large snowbanks. I'll not complain though. I'll have killer legs come spring. You can't track your pace in the snow. It's useless. You move much slower. Just gotta keep getting my sweat on and I'm good.

The baggy pants in question. Recent full body of me taken on Wednesday.

  • I lost a pair of jeans this past week due to them being warn out. That's 2 pairs over the past 2 years. When I was morbidly obese my pants wore out in the upper thighs frequently. Pants wouldn't last me year. Both these jeans wore out in my bum. I'd no idea I rubbed my bum up against so much stuff. But apparently I do. Must be from being in my car so much. Although my thighs don't rub together anymore, I am building more muscle there which I like. I think it's from the Pilates and yoga. I like having muscly legs. Makes me feel strong.
  • Two weeks ago someone commented to me that my baggy pants weren't fooling anyone and I should stop losing weight. I'm actually not losing weight. I am getting a touch leaner due to training which naturally happens when I up my mileage. I am building some muscle with Pilates and yoga too. But I am still completely curvy. I always have a huge gap in my waistband because I'm shaped like a pear. Reitman's has pants just for this body type and I bought a couple pair. But as you can see in the photos above, I am not too thin by any stretch of the imagination. I've just got curvy girl problems. The struggle is real.
  • A pretty short post as I've run out of stuff to say due to a very boring week. And I gotta get my ass in gear and head out for a run. It's snowing lightly and a balmy -5C. It's gonna be a good run. Pretty and mild. Have a good one:-)

Bedtime cuddles with my beautiful boy...