Monday, October 24, 2011

Make weigh for fall

So I have, what I think is a bit of a dilemma.  I have to put my summer clothes away, and make room for my fall/winter wardrobe.  I keep telling myself I'll get right to it, but the issue I'm having right now is, what do I do with my summer clothes?  By all my estimations, by summer of 2012, I should be very close to or at my goal weight.  What should happen to my fat clothes?  On the flip side, I'm feeling like I'll jinx myself if I give it all to charity.

I've lost 20+ pounds and can argue that even if I keep my summer wardrobe, it will be to no avail because none of it even fits me now.  This is the hundredth weight-loss program I have been on and what makes me think this one is any different than the others I've tried and failed?   I'll tell you what's different...my motivation and my desire to be healthy.  Check out this link http://www.youmeworks.com/whylowcarb.html. This explained why my addiction to carbs has sabotaged all my past weight-loss efforts.  I am 100% confident that this time, I will continue to remain focused on my ultimate goal.  To be fit and healthy.

This past weekend was one of the many tests of endurance I am subjected to daily.  I attended the baptism of a beautiful baby girl that was bigger than some weddings I've been to.  I drank about 5 Perrier waters, ate 4 slices of roast beef, had two large helpings of steamed vegetables, and two helpings of tossed salad.  There were tons more appetizers, main courses and desserts to choose from and I found that for maybe the first time in my life, I was not fixated on the food of an event I attended.  I ate because I was hungry and was not the least bothered by others indulging on all the other food choices around me.

I have been almost six weeks without sugar and carbs, and I no longer crave ANYTHING.  Maybe hot sauce...if I was pressed to pick something.  I also find that some things are just better left alone.  I tried tofu noodles on Sunday in a soup I made.  I have staunchly decided that I would rather have no noodles than tofu noodles.  On the whole, I don't mind tofu, but the noodles reminded me of slimy worms that were not tender to the bite.  They were a bit hard to chew and made me gag a few times.  Definitely wouldn't be able to stomach them again.

So back to my original dilemma.  I'm definitely bagging my summer clothes.  And by bagging, I mean sending them off to Goodwill.  I plan on being a completely different person by next summer and keeping those clothes will only get in the way of my brand new wardrobe.  My husband is definitely going to have to get a job because I think I could develop expensive taste:)