Monday, November 5, 2012

The catch-up post

This whole costume cost  under $10 from
the thrift and dollar store.
Overalls $4, shirt $3, hat $2, gloves 60 cents.
He thought he was da bomb!

I've been MIA for the past four days.  Nothing really notable to tell.  Just puttering along with life. Halloween came and went.   My little guy is so adorable. And not just because of the Super Mario costume I put together for him.  He goes trick-or-treating, comes home, takes out the 3 bags of chips and 1 bag of cheesies he gets and some marshmallow thing he wanted to taste, then gives the remainder of his candy to the kids who come knocking on my door.  It's his absolute favorite part of Halloween and he's done it for the past three years.

I have no problems staying out of Halloween candy.  I got it on sale, hid it (on my hubby not myself), then made sure I gave all of it out (again not because of me, but the hubby does not need chocolate either), so all the Halloween treats we had left in the house were Julien's chips and cheesies totaling 4 treat sized bags.  I did cave and save 4 Reese Peanut Butter Cups for my husband (which he ate all four that same night).  I'm glad I only saved four for him or he would have eaten all the candy that was left over.  The man has no willpower!

Friday was my 10th wedding anniversary   It was pretty uneventful   In light of  the passing of my birth mother, I didn't feel much like celebrating.  Hubby and I will go out for dinner at a later time when emotions have settled...and we can rustle up a babysitter.  I had big plans for my tenth wedding anniversary, but none of them were likely to happen.  My plans involved money and time away from the boy.  Neither scenario is ideal right now since we have no money, and have never been away from the boy overnight.  I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself if I knew he was missing us.

My exercise and eating have been less than ideal over the past week.  I skipped a run one morning because I just couldn't get myself out of bed.  I felt such an overwhelming sense of sadness that I just wanted to lay there and do nothing.  I did have a couple of really good runs though too.  I ran my first 12k on Saturday.  Running alone really makes you think about a lot.  I did come up with a way I could honour both of my mothers, and I will share that at a later time.  I just don't want to talk about it right now.  It's hard to run and cry at the same time.  Although I got emotional a couple of times during my run, it was one of the best runs I ever had.  Very therapeutic.

Eating has been ok. I haven't eaten off plan, just had a bit too much red wine a couple of days over the weekend, too many raw almonds, and I haven't been drinking enough water.  Don't know how or if that will affect my weigh-in on Thursday, but I'm okay if I have a smaller loss, or no loss at all.   I have all the time in the world to lose the last 13 pounds.  I'm in no race, and I just want to keep eating the way I am now and when the weight is ready to come off, it will.  I start my 1/2 marathon clinic this Thursday.  I will likely see a big dip in the scale again when I start doing speed work (interval training) and hill repeats which is a sure fire way to boost your metabolism and burn fat. Any stubborn weight kicking around will find it's way out of my body then. Until that time, I'm happy to continue doing what I'm doing 'cos this is my "normal" for the rest of my life.  I may as well get real comfortable with it!

Giving out candy!

Taking a water break.