Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year, revisited

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, grandmothers, foster mothers, Godmothers...anyone who is maternal!  You get the drift.  I got a wonderful photo montage from my son signing "I love you".  So cute...and I was a hot mess of choked uppedness when he gave it to me.  He's truly a wonderful boy and I don't know how we lucked out.  So well mannered and the sweetest disposition EVER.  I am completely biased though!

I love the spring/summer.  Not only is it gardening and lovely weather time, but it's grilling time!  I love a good bbq.  I found this fabulous marinade recipe here an I've been using it for years.  I use it on all meat and on my grilled veggies too.  With a one minor alteration, it is Phase 1 and 2 friendly for Dr. Poon's Metabolic Diet.

You will need:

1/3 cup of light soy sauce
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons of minced garlic (because I love garlic)
3 tablespoons of dried basil
1 1/2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of pepper sauce

Put everything in a large Ziploc bag and mash it all around.  I add the meat to the bag and mash it again, usually leaving the meat in the marinade overnight.  I also use the same marinade to do grilled vegetable shish-kebabs on.  Sooooo yummy.
Veggie kebabs, turkey sausage and pork chops.

My master griller!
Note the good picture quality.  I finally upgraded my "ghetto" phone with an android.  Yay me!