Sunday, August 11, 2013

The post about my LSD and my weight

I had a difficult morning yesterday.  My back was not great.  I did myself no favors by going on rides with Julien on Friday (it was fun though).  All morning I kept flip flopping over whether or not to do my 6K steady run.  I was so indecisive and really wanted to do the run, but knew in my heart, it wasn't the best thing for me.  I talked myself into doing the run, then thought about the advice I'd give someone else.  I decided to listen to my body and sit the 6K out.  My reasoning was that I'd rather sacrifice a 6K run than a 19K run.  I spent the day applying ice to my back and I took some muscle relaxants before bed.

Not a bad pace for a LSD considering I had to walk my cramped toes out a
few times and ran through the city so I had to contend with a lot of lights.

I woke up this morning feeling a little better.  As the morning wore on, my back felt better and better and I finally headed out just after 10 am to get my 19K LSD done.  When I first started out, I could really feel my back muscle, and it went into spasm a couple of times, but nothing like what it was like Thursday night.  As I continued to run, my back felt looser and by the end of my run, the only thing that was really bothering me was my crampy toes.  I iced my back as soon as I got home, then once again after my shower.  As I type this, I actually feel completely normal.  No pain in my back at all.  Maybe I just needed a real long run to loosen everything up.

I was a bit nervous about my run today.  It's the furthest distance I've run since the Niagara Women's Half Marathon on June 2nd.  I was more anxious about my feet than anything else.  My toes actually didn't get really crampy and painful until 18K.  I walked a bit, then was able to finish it up.  So I didn't do too bad, considering I wasn't wearing the orthotics.  I'm not sure if they're gonna work yet.  I didn't get to test them out yesterday.

Mashed rutabaga, salmon cake, sauteed cabbage.  Basically
what was left in my fridge/pantry.  I have to shop tonight.

I haven't weighed myself in ages.  I stepped on the scale after my shower to see that my weight was 154.5. Then I stepped down, got back on and it said 165.5.  I stepped down again, got back on and it said 165.  I stepped off and got back on again and it said 166.5.  So there you have it. My weight is anywhere between 154.5 and 166.5.  I'm going with 166.5. I know I said that I was trying to lose weight again, but the reality of my situation is that when I'm running 50+ kilometers per week, I need to eat until I'm satisfied.  The best time for me to drop weight is when I am not training.  Right now I need to fuel myself up so I can complete the runs.  This week hill training starts and my next long run is 23K.  That will be the furthest distance I have ever run.

I can cut out nuts and wine again.  They worked their way back into my diet.  Friday I actually had nuts for dinner.  I'm sure that is not okay EVER.  And yesterday, I had 3 glasses of wine (not with muscle relaxants...that was Friday).  I'm sure if I just make a conscious effort to really limit my nuts and wine, during the next 2.5 months of intense marathon training, I should just naturally drop weight.  I'm going to be doing hills and speed work and really, really long runs (up to 32K...YIKES). When I first saw 154.5 on the scale this afternoon, my heart did a little flip flop.  But I knew it was impossible because my clothes still fit me the same.  I'm sure if I did suddenly drop 10+ pounds, I'd feel it.  I think it's a premonition though.  I think the universe telling me that 154 should be my ultimate goal weight.  I can live with 154.  Let's see how long it takes me to get there.

My eats from the past two days.  Nuts for dinner, really?????