Friday, August 2, 2013

The post about summer fun

The past couple of days have been a whirlwind of activity.  Yesterday I was up early to do my 8K run, listened to the rain beat down on my roof and decided to put the run off till this morning.  I did feel momentarily guilty, then quickly got over it because I didn't skip a run, I delayed it.  Run was complete this morning, CHECK!

I did have an appointment scheduled with the podiatrist yesterday morning regarding my orthotics. I haven't been wearing them because they have been useless to me.  I was feeling pretty horrible about them, but every time I see the othotic adjuster, she gives me hope.  I have hope yet again that she will adjust my orthotics and make everything right.  They're bringing out the big guns and adjusting my orthotics to treat both Metatarsalgia and Morton's Neuroma.   If this doesn't work, I give up.  Not on running, just on the orthotics.

Yesterday afternoon we went for a drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake and then Niagara Falls.  Niagara-on-the-Lake was for my dad, Niagara Falls was for Julien.  It was a good day over all.  We went to a buffet for dinner because they had BBQ chicken, salad, veggies and fresh fruit.  HUGE disappointment.  I ordered water with lemon and was told they would not serve me tap water, only bottled for $2.99 a bottle.  I had a refillable bottle of water in my car and drank that instead.  I have never been refused tap water in any restaurant I have ever been to.  Not even high end restaurants. So if you ever consider going to Almac's Buffet in Niagara Falls Ontario, don't!

Today I went to the Butterfly Conservatory in Cambridge.  It was fun.  My gal Tanya and her adorable boy Harley treated Jules and I to the visit.  It was a good day.  We hung out in the conservatory with a bunch of butterflies, bugs and birds, had lunch, drove back to Hamilton, then let the boys play at the Dundas Driving Park.  All in all a very good day.  Tomorrow I have to get up early (to run) because I'm headed to Millbrook for my cousin's son's birthday party.  It's a 2+ hour drive one way and I just know that Julien will complain the whole way.  My dad is coming with me, then I'm leaving him in Scarborough on my way back home.

I've been eating on plan the past two days, I just haven't kept my journal.  I'll get back to doing that tomorrow.  Six o'clock comes early and I'm tired from the past two days.  One more week of vacation left before I'm headed back to work for a week, then I get two more weeks off.  It's all good.  I think I need a vacation from my vacation.  Keeping a five-year-old busy is exhausting.  I can't imagine doing this at 290+ pounds.  I leave you with some photos from the past two days.

Julien and his favorite thing from the Christmas store in

Julien wanted to take a picture of me and Elvis.

Hubby was caught cheating!  I'm pretty sure
ice cream is NOT Paleo.
I swear this is not his only shirt...

Sadly, I did give up chocolate.  I am a quitter:(


Family picture.  My dad eating his 2nd ice cream of the day.
He had three!!!!!!

Tricia Romance Gallery

Gazebo @ Niagara-on-the-Lake.  That's Old Fort Niagara in the
back ground.  Great place to visit if you're ever in Youngstown, NY.

My funny faced kid.

Our second Elvis sighting of the day.
Julien getting his beads from Gold Elvis on Clifton Hill.

Butterflies with banana and orange.

This butterfly just hatched from a chrysalis.  His wings weren't dry
enough to fly away.