|Holes! Lots of freaking holes in my ceilings and walls:-(|
- This is easily the longest I have gone without writing a blog post. So much has happened in the last week and a half its hard to keep up. My house has been conditionally sold. House inspection happens tomorrow. I'm not worried. They came back with a contractor to assess the basement and already know what they're dealing with there. We also faxed them our previous home inspection from 8.5 years ago. Nothing much has changed.
- Except the wiring. Uncle John came to "clean-up" the old knob and tube wiring in the basement He came last Wednesday. He just left yesterday. Turns out the 2 wires that were visible in the basement couldn't easily be replaced and while checking out the outlets upstairs, he saw that the entire house was still wired with knob and tube. So he spent the last 6 days re-wiring my house. I no longer have any knob and tube present in my house. He even cleaned up the attic wiring. That means holes in my walls, lots of swearing and the tension has been high around here to say the least. But Uncle John was a God send. And my price for his 6 days work? To take him out for a few drinks.
- The buyer's home inspection is happening tomorrow and there is still some drywalling/plastering to do. But my neighbour who I'm hiring to clean everything up can't do it until after the home inspection. The buyers know the house has been re-wired, so I'm hoping it won't be an issue. All will be done by week's end.
- Along with the home inspection comes my basement drain being scoped with a camera. The water drains slowly and the buyers noticed while I had the dehumidifier running. They're paying for the plumber to do this. Uncle John has given me the worst case scenario and he says he can fix it, no problem. It can be a cracked clay pipe (old house), or hopefully, just an obstruction that can easily be snaked. Either way, I'll take care of it. I'm not letting this sale fall though.
|LMAO! Text msg between hubby and I last week. He found someone's dirty book stash in the basement.|
- My running's been completely off and I've been eating nuts like it's my job. So on Monday, I kicked the nuts and made a training schedule for the Stockholm Halv in September. I am officially training again and it feels like a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I hated not having a goal to work towards. I still need to get my ass into the gym. That will happen once we move into the new house. Closing is July 4th for my new house and July 8th for this house. Things are going to be super crazy until then.
- I've felt lazy and unmotivated over the past couple of weeks. I don't feel strong and my runs have been real difficult. I have not been enjoying them. I hated writing that, but it's the truth. I'm hoping that getting back on a schedule will bring my running mojo back. My eating's been on plan, but because I feel so unmotivated, my confidence in every part of my life is slipping. Running and the way I view myself taking the biggest hits. When I feel lazy and unmotivated, I don't feel great about myself. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction therapy is helpful, but perhaps I need to return to my "self-love" assignments again. It's been a while since I've said anything I like about myself. I see my therapist in a couple weeks. I need to show progress before that session.
- Work has been another huge stress in my life. I have had some major deadlines to meet this month. I had to develop and teach a training to foster parents which happened yesterday. I should become a public speaker. I finished the powerpoint on Friday, Monday was a holiday and I didn't look at it again until yesterday morning just before the presentation. I did my 2.5 hour presentation and sounded like I knew what the hell I was talking about the entire time. My co-worker Cathy is equally, or maybe more talented. She presented a part and didn't see the Power Point until yesterday morning, five minutes before she spoke. Neither of us even had a waver in our voice. Either we're very talented speakers...or just numb. Cathy's talented, I'm numb.
- So I'm going to end here. Just a quick check in. Don't want to whine and moan too much. Thank you to everyone who's been checking in on me. I'm behind in emails and messages again. I'll get back to you by the end of the week. Promise. I leave you with a collage of Succulent Bondmaiden being passed around to various members of my family.
|Neither hubby or baby wanted their faces on camera. Don't blame them!|