Sunday, October 25, 2015

The post about a double gym visit weekend, lots of sleep and mean girls at the gym...



  • Meanwhile, Saturday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I woke with a happy heart today. I'm so proud of our boys in blue. What an awesome season they played. Thanks for the amazing ride boys and for bringing such excitement and joy to our country. The Blue Jays are number 1 in my heart:)
  • Today I have to get my shit together. Gym, grocery shopping and clothing organizing. And I've got to figure out a Mega Man costume for next weekend. Lots and lots to do. And I need to purge. So much clothing to donate. Julien and I both have tons of stuff...





  • This describes me perfectly. Especially asking about food. Today I pushed myself at the gym. Tony would be proud. Especially since I did all the things I hate the most. Including push-ups:-( I had a massive sweat on the entire time and I was tired when I left. Tired and fecken hungry! I've still got to go grocery shopping so I had to swing into No Frills before coming home to get eggs, avocado and tomato. That's what I wanted. I scrambled a 1/2 dozen eggs, sliced up the tomato and avocado and sautéed an entire package of mushrooms and ate the entire thing. I'm hungry still. Some days I can't eat and some days I can't eat enough.
  • I struck up a conversation with the woman on the treadmill beside me while I was doing HIIT. She asked what I was doing and I explained how HIIT is an effective fat burner and helps boost your metabolism. She was walking to warm up before she met with her trainer and she told me that I had her goal body. She said I had muscular legs and was evenly proportioned. That was very humbling to hear because I always admire other women who have what I consider my goal body. 
  • She's embarking on a weight loss and fitness journey and said that it's always so hard to stay motivated. Then I told her that if I could do it, so could she. She stared at me for a pregnant pause and I said, "I used to weigh over 300 pounds". She shook her head and said "you did not"! I showed her my picture from my last transformation Tuesday and she said she couldn't believe that was me because I look lean and muscular.
  • Then she asked if I've had a tummy tuck. That's always my most asked question. I told her about my arms and liposuction and said that my tummy isn't a huge issue for me. She said that she feared excessive loose skin after weight loss. I told her that's a minor worry compared to regaining her health. Then I told her to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. The best (along with water consumption) but most overlooked advice for weight loss. What an interesting conversation though. She was so lovely and I saw her working hard with her trainer in the upper gym 45 minutes later. Had to tell her how awesome I thought she was before I left:-)





  • Now here's something that hasn't happened in a while. The last word with Smitty. Today was a bit of a write off. The weather sucked the life outta me. It's 8pm and I'm ready for bed. I've not eaten dinner and I'm not going to. That insatiable hunger I had after the gym? Gone. I had some spoonfuls of nut butter and an apple for my dinner:-( So basic. 
  • No laundry is done. No groceries have been bought. No clothes have been sorted. But I did venture out to Party City and I got a Halloween costume for the boy. I'm a liar and I deserve to be sent to bed without dinner. Okay! Heading there now:-) Today is the first day I've not worn either dressings or compression sleeves on my arms. Felt weird and freeing. It's windy out. I just want to crawl under some covers and sleep. So that's what I'm going to do...





  • Meanwhile, Sunday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and my sleep game was strong yesterday. I fell asleep around 9pm and didn't wake till 3am. Then fell asleep again and didn't wake till 6:30am. What? I better have grown some prime muscles during that time! Today is supposed to be sunny and cool. A perfect fall day. I'm going to the gym, then picking up some dinner provisions, then my girlfriend and her daughter are visiting for the day. Laundry and groceries to follow. My most hated chores of the week...





  • I just spent an hour and a half of pure joy at the gym. I'm talking smack. It sucked today. But I kept my promise to Tony of going 2 more times before I saw him again on Tuesday. I got drenched in sweat. I cried. I raged. I felt hopelessness and despair and finally elation when I was done. I think I covered all the emotions. I did notice that my ass was huge in the gym mirror. Worked my glutes a lot and got that muscle pump. It will be gone by noon. 
  • Wanna know what I have no patience for? Mean girls. Encountered them today at the gym snarking on a woman who was doing her very best and getting her fitness in. She was larger set and has my utmost respect for getting active. It's not easy. I know. I gave them some sharp looks. They gave me side eye (I'm sure it was because of what I was wearing as well as the sharp looks). Then I reminded them to read the gym rules posted all over the place about inclusion and the gym being a non-judgmental place. One of them gave me the finger as per the mirror reflection evidence when I turned my back to them. Meh, their smirk game may be strong but their humanity game is weak. Karma can be a real bitch...