Friday, February 24, 2012

Phase two follies

Well I went to see my family doctor yesterday for my weigh-in.  I was one day shy of not being weighed for three weeks.  That is a LONG time.  Over the last three weeks, I have lost a whopping....drum roll please....one pound.  That's right, I said one pound.  I know, I know.  What happened to my 5 pounds every two weeks record.  I kept that up for a while.

Well I take full responsibility since I know exactly what I have done over the last few weeks.  I had a drinking evening with friends, I've been eating a lot phase 2 veggies (and not following the serving size restrictions) and I've also eaten more phase 2 carby stuff, and some phase 2 snacky things.  And most importantly, I stopped keeping a food journal for a couple of weeks.

I never full out cheated (meaning that I still have not had any processed carbs or sugar), but that's not the point.  I lost a bit of momentum and maybe I needed a bit of break.  Even though nothing like bread or pasta or rice or sweets or chips or anything like that has touched my lips, I have been sloppy with my diet.  And even though on phase 2 I'm allowed 8oz of wine in one day, on my drinking night, I had like 48oz!!!!!!  Yeah, I went a bit overboard, but I'm also exaggerating on the 48oz:)

So am I upset?  Nope.  Not even a bit.  I think I needed a bit of room to wiggle and now I'm good to go back onto strict phase 1 again.  I'm getting weighed in less than two weeks and I want to see the scale go down.  In two weeks today, I start the learn to run clinic with Enz.  I'm soooooooo excited.  We're also looking to sign up for gentle yoga with the local Parks and Rec.  So I really need to get my butt moving, and that will also help with the weight-loss.  On a positive note, I still do the stairs all the time!
I really hope that this is my yoga instructor...

I think I was getting lazy (and bored) with my meals and was making the same things over and over.  I have a bunch of new recipes to check out and I will start posting recipes again.  I was going to try some out this weekend, but new recipes will be delayed one more week because my hubby is away for the weekend and I have to keep the boy entertained.  So in order to get my weight-loss back on track, I have started back on strict phase 1 again, and I'm keeping my food journal again.  In a couple of weeks, I'll also be running three times a week.  I'm looking forward to seeing the changes once again!

8 comments:

  1. I love your positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! A one pound loss is still good considering. From what the book says, during phase 2 the weight loss slows to 1-2 pounds a week. I agree about probably needing a bit of a break, just as long as you get back on the wagon. You've come so far and you should be very proud. Being able to recognize where you fell down and take ownership of that is a totally important step to life long weight loss.

    You are an inspiration and your positive attitude is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest problem when I followed the structured plans was boredom. I would fall into a rut and get really tired of it. It was my own fault but life gets busy and it was easy to measure out the cottage cheese (again). These things teach us however. Even though you weren't as successful as you had been, you have evidently formed some new habits that are keeping you sane. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your attitude will take you to where you want to be. You've still lost, and that says something about the past weeks too. Wiggle room is important, and we can't always go full throttle. This is a marathon, not a sprint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for U! Everyone deserves a break now and again. You've been so committed and focused on your goal. Good luck with the running and don't forget to stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A loss is a loss regardless of how small. You know why the loss has slowed and have a plan to get back on track. That's the important thing!

    ReplyDelete