Thursday, September 20, 2012

Automobile tire for sale!

I had my weigh-in at Dr. Poon's clinic yesterday and I was a tad anxious.  I had to weigh-in at 2:30pm...the only time I could stop in at the clinic.  I was anxious for nothing!  Since July 9th, I lost 17 pounds of fat, but 16 pounds of body weight because I was retaining 1 pound of water.  Which brings my total weight lost to 110 pounds.  Only 20 more to go!!!!!! The equivalent of an automobile tire:)

I cannot believe that I am 20 pounds away from goal.  I am 20 pounds over weight.  I am no longer obese.  My BMI has gone from 45 to 28. Once it gets to 25, I get my certificate!  I know, I know. It's just a piece of paper.  True.  But it's a piece of paper I worked my butt off for.  I don't have either my degree or my diploma framed, but I do believe I will frame my certificate from Dr. Poon.  I saw Dr. Marmina yesterday and he said that he doesn't think they give the certificates out anymore.  I asked, and he agreed, that they would find one for me:)



I have to share my latest thrift store find.  I stumbled upon this gem at Value Village on Monday. It's a leather jacket from Nine West in pristine condition.  It fits me like a glove and I paid $34.99 for it.  A steal!  I wear it a little too much around the house.  I've never owned anything so beautiful before...except maybe my Sami bracelet.  It's something else that makes me feel pretty.

This outfit cost about $50...
leather jacket included!
The back.
There's the 20 lbs. Erin:)

Thrift store shopping is time consuming.  I can spend an hour in a store and only come out with a couple of things.  Really nice things though that only cost me $10.  I got a great leather belt and a Calvin Klein t-shirt bra with the original sales tags still attached.  Which reminds me.  My mammaries are just a memory.  One area in which I have probably lost the most weight would be my bust!

My husband complained once and I said, "would you rather I gain back 100 pounds so my boobs will be bigger?"  He never mentioned it again.  I personally don't miss my bigger bust in the least.  I can finally wear bras that have thin straps and only 2 clasps in the back.  My new bras are tiny compared to the HUGE industrial bras I used to wear.  And the straps and under wire would chafe me.  No more.  I went from a plus sized 46 D cup to a regular 36/38 B cup.  Depressing? Not even a little bit.  

As the days are getting shorter, I'm going to have to start running in the dark.  Not sure how I feel about that.    When I took the Learn to Run clinic back in March, I ran in the dark a lot.  But I was also with a group.  I run by myself most of the time now.  It doesn't start getting light until 6:30 am. Clearly I cannot do long runs during the week.  I have to be back home and in the shower by 7:30. So I'm reluctantly going to have to start running on city streets.  Something I have been able to avoid since I took up running.  But I have to do what I have to do.  Not running is not an option for me.                        

23 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh and congratulations!!! I am excited and happy for you in large part because you now have that glow of confidence in your posted pics, that you did not have before the huge weight loss. Wow...only 20 more pounds to goal. What are you going to do with all your fat clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc:) I gave them all away as I grew out of them. Can't keep clothes around that don't fit anymore:) I definitely won't be needing them ever again!

      Delete
  2. Sooo proud of you! OMG - look at your lean butt in those pics and the jacket is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to say about my butt...that's where the 20 pounds is:)

      Delete
  3. Add my congratulations to all of the above. You are a walking/talking testimony that it can be done. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Leigh, You are looking super fantastic. I really don't see where you have 20 lbs left to lose. You have done so well. I see nothing wrong with your butt. I am so very proud of you. Thanks for all the help you have given me. I was at Value Village in Kitchener today and purchased a Fall jacket. I was wearing a XXX in the winter and XX in the early Spring. Today I bought a Large jacket and it is almost too big for me. Brand new for $10.00. I love that store. Like you I give all my BIG clothes away. I will never need them again :)I wish I could run or at least jog but my knees will not take it. My knees feel 100% better than they used to but running is still out of the question. As for you, please be careful running at night. Wear something bright so motorists can see you and be careful of people you meet on the street. Try to run in open spaces and lots of lighting where there are lots of people around and take a cell phone with you. Safety first.
    Congratulations again and maybe you and I can celebrate meeting our goals together. I want to lose 15 more lbs by Nov 20th. Very attainable for me and for you. Enjoy your evening and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Steve...clothes hide lots of flaws. Congrats on your winter coat! The size difference is phenomenal:) Thanks for the concern regarding my running. Of course I will practice safe running. I do a lot of running on trails right now, but that will have to stop until the longer days begin again...or the weekends:)

      Delete
  5. You are lookin' fine and have a killer sense of style to boot! I'll run with you in the dark if you'll put up with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! Of course I'll put up with you! I always have:)

      Delete
  6. Big applause on your weight loss! Great leather jacket. It always feels great to get a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me a minute after reading my name to realize that you actually meant ME!!! lol Honestly, I think your behind looks pretty good. Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk! : )

    Congratulations on the 17 lb. loss and on being just 20 pounds away from your goal!!! That is AMAZING!!! You are definitely helping keep me motivated! If you can get there...so can I! : D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Impressive! That's a lot of weight lost, and you're so close to your goal. Great work. And, you look awesome in the new jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wardrobe is 90% thrift store! My shoes, bags, jackets, purses...all goodwill! I love it! I am a thrift store junkie. I need to post more the outfits I put together. My husband has even found Brook Brother dress shirts (spotless!) and suits!! His favorite suit is a $6.99 find. AND his favorite dress shoe? A brand new, $200 pair of shoes for $20.00!!! We've also gotten brand name, brand new ties for $1.49!!!! And don't get me started on books for the little one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boobies are just a distant memory, too. SIGH. lol

    Great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jacket! I don't miss the SIZE of my boobs so much as the shape. I prefer a nondeflated look. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jacket...and look at you skinny...I love your style and the fact that you have posted some fashion pics...you must be having the time of your life wearing all those skinny clothes...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too am apprehensive about running in the dark. I run after work, but that will soon be dark.

    You look great, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are soul mates. I love, love, love finding a bargain. I am happy to report that my kids both share this trait. In these economic times, it's a way to survive without going without new clothes. The jacket is beautiful and so are you. Happy post. :)

    Oh yes, and congrats on your fantastic loss. I'm running out of adjectives here. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on only being 20 away from goal!!!! You must be so freakin' proud of yourself!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, it feels so good to be blogging again!

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great, positive post. I love these! Congrats on being on 20 pounds from goal. Not long now, and congrats for no longer being obese. Fingers crossed for getting your certificate.

    ReplyDelete