Thursday, January 10, 2013

The post about weak glutes, diabetic cats and dirty girls

LOVE Instagram.  I don't look as old and sallow as I usually do.

I went on Instagram today.  I'm really not sure what it is.  Twitter with pictures?  It only took seconds to set up on my android.  And I have to admit, it makes me look pretty good.  All my wrinkles and facial flaws gone!  Almost like I was air brushed.  Why did I not know about this miracle app earlier?  I saw Instagram photos on Twitter and Facebook, but wasn't sure what it was or how to do it.  I tell you, I'm becoming more internet savvy by the day.  Thank God I have young, hip clients who keep me in the know.  Sadly I learned today that it's not considered "cool" to have a blog among the younger crowd.  Who knew?  I guess I'll just have to act my age.  I'm on Blogger, FB, Twitter and Instagram.  Three out of four ain't too shabby.  My client did tell me that I should just lose the blog.  Said it sounded like too much work:)  Ah kids!  What do they know?

Wednesdays are my most dreaded running day of the week.  We did 6 hill repeats yesterday.  My gal Monica told me that the hill loop we run is actually 1K.  So all in all, I ended up running just over 8K.  My IT band was still a little sore, but the more I ran, the more it loosened up.  I rolled it once I got home, but woke up sore today.  I'm debating about whether or not to go for a full movement assessment.  I know that I have weak glutes and my balance is pitiful.  I'm surprised I can even stay upright.  I know of a couple of people who have come in and lectured at the Running Room who do these assessments.  It will make me a better runner, so I'm thinking that I will definitely benefit from it.

Today's clinic talk was about Bio-mechanics and Runner's Knee.  I don't think I have runners knee, but I know that my alignment's off.  Goes back to my bad balance.  I definitely need to do some exercises to strengthen my glutes, quads and my core overall.  Today's speaker is a pilates instructor, so that is an option.  Yoga was something I enjoyed but just don't have the time for now. I need to make time somehow, but running 5 days a week and adding a day or two of yoga would keep me from home way too much.  I also commute which takes a big chunk out of my day.  I'm definitely going to look into Wii yoga.  At least it's something.  Who am I kidding?  Unsupervised Yoga?  I will surely break myself.  That's how I pulled my IT band in the first place!  I wasn't being supervised properly.

My lunch from Mr. Greek.  I love Greek food!
What I did not eat for lunch.  This was taken just
 before I left.  My client ate 2 pieces of bread.

Today's food was super boring.  I don't really care, but I basically ate the same thing all day long.  I ate hard boiled eggs for breakfast, chicken Greek salad for lunch, an apple and mini Clif bar for my before run snack, a chicken Greek salad for dinner and an orange.  My dinner salad was HUGE and extremely filling.  I definitely didn't drink enough water today, or this week in general.  I've been on the road most of the week and I tend to drink less when I'm in my car all day.  I hate having to use the bathroom at gas stations so much.  Just an excuse and not a good reason to slack on my water intake!  Runners need lots and lots of water.  Actually everybody does, not just runners. Well, with the exception of camels and most cats.  I say that because my small cat never drinks water, but my obese cat drinks a lot.  Diabetic perhaps?

A short boring post.  Not much to share from the last two days.  See how mundane and boring my life is?  I'm surprised I have 72 followers on Twitter already.  Although truth be told most of them follow me because I followed them first. Oh, and to all the dirty girls who follow me and I then have to block, Poonapalooza does not mean what you think it does.  Now go put some clothes on before you mother sees you!

18 comments:

  1. :) Just followed you on instagram! Just found out about it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL i don't have instagram but I've used it off a friend's phone once, it really is amazing!!
    Yoga is also something I always put at the very end of my schedule..which is bad because I think it really helps!

    HAHAHHHAHAHHA - the last line of this post. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the freaky thing about Twitter. I check my followers from time to time. Good luck with your IT band and your social media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're part of the "in crowd"
    You know what the "in crowd" knows'

    You're part of the "in crowd"
    You go where the "in crowd" goes'

    I wish I was as hip as you are when I was your age:) Now I'm a dinosaur:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha, ha!!!! 72 followers on Twitter, so fast, I am impressed:) I obviously don't have a dirty enough Twitter name. I had no idea that a blog is past it....I think maybe the people who think a blog is past it find twittering and Instagram easier - writing an entire blog takes a lot of effort. I find it hard work keeping on top of all the social media...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO - Poonapalooza doesn't mean what you think it does!
    I am new to Instagram myself and loving it.
    I will try and follow you today! (My user id is my first & last name, but you might recognize me by the cute pics of my kiddies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love instagram! I'm going to follow you. Twitter - I have a twitter account but never use it. What do the kids know - blogging is hip (in my head anyway)! I thought of you yesterday - I ran hills bright and early. Then went to TRX/boot camp - I have to build up strength!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember the days when our self-confidence would have been shaken if we received dirty or hateful comments? It's nice to be comfortable with who we are and not feel like WE are the one who needs to change when others are critical. That's a real sign of progress in my book. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I never thought about it until you mentioned that, your going to get tons of twitter followers because of that name. You should start putting some videos on youtube with that name in your title. You will start getting paid eventually with all the clicks you would end up getting

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love instagram...just got going on that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My cat (who was not fat) started drinking a lot when she developed kidney disease. We didn't have to medicate her or give her fluids until she had had it for several years, though--and she lived to be almost 20.

    I am determined to stay away from Twitter--but that's pretty funny about your user name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My food is boring too. Boring is what works. Right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do kids know anyway? Love reading your blog and your adventures, super inspirational. Now I'm curious about Instagram! I'm still trying to figure out the world the is Twittet myself. Feels weird but so did Facebook at first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am working on my weak glutes and such now...I had such pain while training and completing my half. I finally am resolved to doing the boring core work to try to avoid the pain in the future. You continue to inspire me over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand how it is when you know there's more you have to do to increase your fitness but don't know how to fit it into your day. I struggle with that myself.

    We'll all find the balance that works for us. You're doing such an amazing job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Instagram is okay... I can key see so many pictures of people's dinners and kids before I get somewhat disenfranchised. Sounds like a good bit of training, and I feel your pain on the alignment issue.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahahah How can you call yourself old and Sallow, you're a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl! You are beautiful and it ain't instagram!

    ReplyDelete