|This is what I got to wear on Saturday. And I got to hang out|
in a waiting room with a bunch of old men wearing the exact
same outfit. FYI gentlemen, the ties go in the back!
- Guess what I got to do this weekend? I got to have an MRI done on my foot. This is the final step in the Morton's Neuroma saga. It took 25 minutes for the MRI to be complete. It was super loud, and I had to wear ear muffs, like air traffic controllers. Regardless of the noise, I fell asleep. I swear I can sleep anywhere...except my bed. Getting up even earlier these days. Around 4:30 am. So now I wait for a week or so before the report is sent to the orthopedic surgeon. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not having my feet cut open!
- The best thing that happened to me this weekend? I got a message from Shannen. Just when I'm contemplating whether or not I should continue blogging, I get a message that makes that decision for me. Shannen ran her first 5K race yesterday. When she picked up her race kit on Thursday, her running coach said, "on race day, don't forget to thank the person who got you into running". I got my absolute favorite message from someone that I have inspired. I was reading it in the parking lot of No Frills with a big goofy grin on my face. Shannen came across my blog when she was researching Dr. Poon's diet and she started her weight loss journey around the same size that I was when started mine. She thought that if I could change my life, my body and become a runner, then so could she. Shannen is a runner now. She just started running in October, and ran a 5 freaking kilometer race on Saturday! That is awesome! Shannen is awesome! And I keep blogging for now!
- Honest to God, my washing machine is sticking it to me. It breaks down constantly, and to get it to work again, you have to bang it around. So it stopped working last Sunday, and try as I might to get it to work again all week, nothing. So this morning I'm wringing out all the clothing that was left in the machine mid cycle so I can get everything ready and head on over to the laundromat. After I get everything out of the freezing cold water, I give it one last bang, and away it goes. Figures. So I didn't have to go to the laundromat, but how long will it work before it breaks down again? I have no idea.
|This is all I have left of my beautiful boy.|
- On Friday, hubby went to pick up Finn's ashes. Trying to explain to Julien that this was all that was left of Finn was no easy task. And I don't think I did a great job. He still doesn't get it, but I didn't want to say that Finn was burned to ashes. That would be a scary image. Next weekend we will spread some of his ashes on the Rail Trail near our house.
- Only a couple more weekends till Christmas, and not a decoration to be seen in my house. I'm really not in the Christmas spirit this year, and if not for Julien, I wouldn't do anything. I do have to get into gear though. I will get a tree and decorate next Sunday. It will be fun. Julien is excited.
- I completed 2 runs this weekend. A 4K on Saturday, and 7K today. My 4K was pretty decent, but my run today was a bit off. I pulled a muscle in my stomach. Just below my breast bone. Weird feeling that. It's fine now, but when I pulled it during my run, I could feel the muscle spasm. The only feeling I could liken it to, was when Julien used to move in my tummy when I was like 10 months pregnant. Such a strange feeling. It happened a few more times when I got home, and now it's completely gone. That has never happened to me before.
|In front of the Tree of Hope in Gore Park, downtown Hamilton.|
- Nuts and sweet potatoes have made their way back into my life. So now the obsession begins again (with the nuts). I said I wouldn't eat either regularly again until I was running again. Well I am, and I do. I have a love/hate relationship with nuts. I love to eat them, and I hate how I obsess over them. I should just forget about the nuts all together because sometimes, I don't feel in control around them. And I hate the feeling of not being in control of my eating. I know, I'm only talking about mixed nuts. You all must think I'm crazy.
- My cold is getting better. I went to bed early on Friday and Saturday and may have gotten 7 hours of sleep each night. That's a big deal for me. I've been getting 4-5 hours per night for over a month now. I also made a huge pot of chicken soup yesterday. Just what I needed, but I wish my mom was here to make me soup. She made the best chicken soup and try as I might, I cannot duplicate it.
- The 13th installment of the Anniversary Series of videos entitled, No Parking. Hubby and I finally make it back to the hotel after our jaunt out to Fort Erie, to find that although we already checked in, there is no parking left. I don't know about you, but my voice is super annoying. And why don't I sound like that to myself? Tanya explained this to me a week ago, and I already forget.