|My silly kid in front of his master piece!|
- What to say, what to say! Well for starters, my jaw is sore. Not sure what that's all about. My throat is sore as well. Not sure if one thing has anything to do with the other. I've been feeling a bit run down. My sleeping is deplorable as I operate on about 4 hours of sleep every day. I'm hoping to catch up on sleep this weekend. I'm amazed I can run at 5 in the morning on so little sleep. My gf Linda told me that I look tired and I do have pretty huge bags under my eyes. Tomorrow is a rest day and I am going to make myself stay in bed until 6am. Even if I just lie there...
- We finally trimmed the tree last night. Julien was super excited and insisted we do it as a family. Hubby wasn't interested at first, but he finally relented and we trimmed the tree together. A nice family moment and Julien was happy. Thank goodness for the Yuletide Fireplace on cable. Our gas fireplace had the ignition wire chewed last winter, and we haven't had the money to get it fixed yet. A fireplace just adds that extra touch of coziness!
- My pace is getting better. Even though I was still running on slippery/packed snow for my last three runs, I'm getting more sure of my footing. I ran just over a 7 minute kilometer today. A huge improvement from Sunday's 8:06/K. I noticed when I came in from work tonight that the sidewalks cleared up today. The temperatures were milder and the packed snow melted. Would make for an awesome run on Saturday...but we're expecting freezing rain all weekend:(
- My pace is getting better and I keep getting smaller. Dropped another pound. I'm at 157 as of this morning. Again, not sure why this is happening. Nothing much has changed with my eating. I'm even eating more stuff than I was during the broken ankle fiasco. I'm eating fruit and nuts and sweet potatoes. The only thing I can think of is that the cardio from running has kick started my metabolism again. I'm not going to complain, but who would have ever thought that I would lose weight without even trying!
- So the weight loss has led to my stomach getting flabby. It usually firms up on it's own in time, and with running. You use 4 stomach muscles when you run. I think that is why I have been so lucky with my abdominal area after my weight loss. However, I do need to work on strengthening and I'd like to get as firm as I can. So after I finish running the Around the Bay 30K in March, I'm joining a gym. I hate the gym. The gym I'm looking at has a $129.00 joining fee, and then costs $10 per month with no contract. You can quit anytime. I can handle that! It also includes group classes like Yoga and Pilates. And is going to be open 24 hours so I can totally head to the gym when I get up at 4am! I just need someone to show me what to do. All those big machines? I'll need adult supervision for sure!
- I'm off work from the 24th of December, until the 2nd of January. I guess I'm looking forward to the break. I feel like I just got back to work after breaking my ankle though. I'm not going to complain. I can run in daylight for a week and a half!
- My husband is a lucky man and should know that, or so says the man who followed me into Dollarama today. He followed me from the parking lot, even though he was walking in the opposite direction of the store when I got out of my car. He was behind me in the Christmas isle, and told me in a Barry White voice that I was very beautiful, then asked if I was married. I flashed him my ring, never once turning around, and he said my husband was a very lucky man. Now how does he know that? I could be crazier than a shit house rat! And did he really think I would run off with him? I was in a pretty sketchy area of Scarborough (aka the Hood). And I totally looked like I was out of my element with my red Danier leather coat and Kenneth Cole bag (both purchased from Value Village I might add for next to nothing). I was a bit anxious about leaving the store because he knew which car was mine. But he was gone when I left. This has never happened to me before, and I don't like the way it made me feel...
- I am done my Christmas shopping for Julien. I just have a couple of gift cards to get on Monday, when I'm back in Scarborough, and I am done! This weekend is going to be a baking weekend. Julien's excited to make cookies for Santa and I'm making some for gifts too. Along with Paleo muffins for my supervisor!
- The 16th installment of the Anniversary Series of videos finds hubby and I back in the car and heading to the Fallsview Casino for a night of gambling and debauchery. Okay, so we just gambled a little (because we only spent $50), and there was actually no debauchery...Sorry Irene;) It's called Corkage fee.