|Batman (he's hot), Jules and me!|
- I'm not gonna lie. I don't feel like blogging right now. So don't be too disappointed if you get a half assed post. I can't promise you humor or wit, just the cold hard truth.
- I am tired of putting more into relationships than I get back. I have my regular (mostly long term) friends that have been there with me for the long haul, and they are the only ones I can really count on. I am a huge fool because I can't blame anyone but myself. I need to stop being so accessible to others and let them work for me for a change. Why I feel the need to bend over backwards for people when I get nothing in return is beyond me. Just goes back to my many insecurities that are still a HUGE issue for me.
- Yesterday I hosted my family's Christmas dinner. I made a kick ass pork loin, sweet potatoes, green beans, salad...and cake. I didn't eat the cake, but my family did. And that's okay! I don't need or want cake:)
- I have thought about my goals for 2014. I don't make resolutions, because they don't work. But my goals are something I can always strive towards. Even if I don't complete them this year, they are a constant reminder of what I'm working towards. So here goes...in no particular order!
- To complete a 30K race and at least two more half marathons.
- To lead another running clinic with the Running Room.
- To continue to eat Paleo following the 85/15 rule (85% strict, 15% other)
- To join the gym in the spring and work at firming and toning.
- To train properly and try to stay out of physio for as long as I can:)
- To treat myself to vacation (that includes a destination race)...by myself!
|My best post broken ankle pace to date! And it makes me sad that I have|
to retire my Adidas very soon...like 50K ago:(
- Yesterday I ran a 5k tempo run. I ran as fast as my legs would take me up and over a few hills and I ran the best pace I have in a real long time. I felt good and tired at the end so I know I pushed myself. But that is okay. I did it and I felt great because now I know I can do this. Gave me some much needed confidence.
- Today's run was my LSD (long slow distance). I ran it at a 7:00/km pace which I think is pretty admirable considering I had a lot of black ice to contend with. It was mild out, but the puddles were deceiving. There was ice under the water and there were some very slippery spots that I had to gingerly walk through. I almost wiped out at one point. All things considered, I still made pretty good time. Mostly because when there was dry pavement, I booked it!
- Tomorrow is a rest day, and I am going to sleep in. I have slept in for the past couple of days. Six-thirty one day, and 7:45 this morning! Wha? Yup, I slept till 7:45...that feels like a HUGE accomplishment for me!
|Today's LSD...in front of the fountain at Gore Park.|
- I am really missing my beautiful boy Finn today...and yesterday...and the day before that:(
- I spent a while at the laundromat today. I miss having a working washer. The change girl Sue followed me around and kept me company. That is all.
- Here is the 17th installment of the Anniversary Series of videos. This one is called The Lexus. It's the morning after our anniversary night and Hubby and I discuss how the Lexus was the "star of the show". Although he hints to maybe getting a Lexus one day, I point out that he will never, ever own one. Not in a million years. Just say'in!!!!!