Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer fun

It was a beautiful day, so I told the boys we were going to Port Dalhousie for the day.  I took a frozen chicken out the night before, roasted it this morning, made a coleslaw, got together some baby carrots and light hummus, some sliced up melon and we had ourselves a phase 2 picnic.  No excuses for not staying on plan just because we were going to be gone for the day.  A little planning (and by little, I mean minimal) is all it took.
What a fun day we had.  When I think of last summer and how much I didn't want to leave my house, I'm embarrassed that I subjected my family to such deprivation.  Not only did we spend time at the beach, but there was also a carnival going on.  Jules loved the rides.  And I even went on a couple with him.  Something I wouldn't have done last year.  And, I actually wore a bathing suit on the beach WITHOUT a cover up.  That folks is progress!
Self portrait on the beach:)

Jules playing frisbee.
Jules braving the obstacle course.
Love the Tilt-a-whirl!

Jules riding solo.  My brave little man.
Waiting for Jules to get out of the Monkey Maze.
Tomorrow I'm going to a family luncheon.  The Italian side of my family (my in-laws).  Not an easy feat (considering the carb heavy menu), but totally doable.  I can always count on the fact that there will be chicken and salad.  So I'm covered.  Oh and I just had to brag that Beverly and I ran 6k last night and did pretty damned good considering our conditions.  We ran an under 8k per minute, up hill and in some pretty substantial heat.  We ROCK! And a quick shout out to Enz, who's running her first solo race tomorrow.  Good luck Enz!  And to the rest of you, enjoy the rest of your weekend:)