Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer fun

It was a beautiful day, so I told the boys we were going to Port Dalhousie for the day.  I took a frozen chicken out the night before, roasted it this morning, made a coleslaw, got together some baby carrots and light hummus, some sliced up melon and we had ourselves a phase 2 picnic.  No excuses for not staying on plan just because we were going to be gone for the day.  A little planning (and by little, I mean minimal) is all it took.
What a fun day we had.  When I think of last summer and how much I didn't want to leave my house, I'm embarrassed that I subjected my family to such deprivation.  Not only did we spend time at the beach, but there was also a carnival going on.  Jules loved the rides.  And I even went on a couple with him.  Something I wouldn't have done last year.  And, I actually wore a bathing suit on the beach WITHOUT a cover up.  That folks is progress!
Self portrait on the beach:)

Jules playing frisbee.
Jules braving the obstacle course.
Love the Tilt-a-whirl!

Jules riding solo.  My brave little man.
Waiting for Jules to get out of the Monkey Maze.
Tomorrow I'm going to a family luncheon.  The Italian side of my family (my in-laws).  Not an easy feat (considering the carb heavy menu), but totally doable.  I can always count on the fact that there will be chicken and salad.  So I'm covered.  Oh and I just had to brag that Beverly and I ran 6k last night and did pretty damned good considering our conditions.  We ran an under 8k per minute, up hill and in some pretty substantial heat.  We ROCK! And a quick shout out to Enz, who's running her first solo race tomorrow.  Good luck Enz!  And to the rest of you, enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

6 comments:

  1. Me like progress! Enjoy the luncheon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great planning on your part. I love the pictures. You look super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great forward planning. Love the pictures. Looks like a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find planning food makes for an easier day out. It's the unknown and the temptations that drag me down! Your lunch looks great btw! And you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job planning and getting out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful information specially the remaining section :
    ) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this particular info for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and good luck.
    My weblog - magazine

    ReplyDelete