Monday, September 23, 2013

The post about changing out the wardrobe, sexy toos (sp) and my hair

I just want to start off by thanking everyone for the lovely comments and messages regarding my blog.  I just want to say that it's quite humbling to hear how much others look to me for inspiration. Although I am not going to stop blogging, I may switch up my blog a bit and talk about other things (ie: family, fashion, fun).  I think part of my issue is that I've tried to keep this blog purely focused on diet and exercise.  And although that is a huge part of my life, there are other things I love, and I think I could enjoy writing about them as well. I may play around a bit with the format of my blog and have been toying with the idea of changing the title. Although I will always credit Dr. Poon with my weight loss success, I feel like I need to move on from the Poonapalooza title and use something that is more current for my lifestyle now.  I used Dr. Poon for weight loss, but use Paleo for maintenance.  Paleopalooza?  Maybe not.  I'm open to suggestions!

I feel like crap today.  Read between the lines.  I feel like this once a month.  I'm a bit grouchy and I feel fat and bloated.  Hate that feeling.  I went through all my summer clothes and put them away, then pulled out my fall/winter clothes.  I'm happy to report that all my clothes from last winter fit, and some are a bit big on me. The bigger sweaters are in right now, so I'm good.  And I have a couple pairs of pants that will need to be belted.  I have a few very nice leather belts from Value Village.  I also have almost $400.00 left on my Reitman's gift card.  Enough money to build up my fall/winter wardrobe for sure!  I'm looking forward to shopping once the cast comes off.

I got to go hang out with my girlfriend Elin for a couple of hours yesterday.  It's always a relief to get out of the house.  Even if it is for a quick visit. Julien was drawing pictures while we were there, and he drew a bunch of Elin and I.  We decided to recreate his drawings and I put together a collage for your viewing pleasure.  I'm not sure why I am sleeping in one.  Or am I passed out?  I'm not sure, but for whatever reason, Julien cracked up when he showed them to us.  Cute!

It's like looking in a mirror!

I'm on Instagram and I mostly post my meals, and (when I was running) screen shots of my run.  I also posted pictures of my cast and feet as well as girly stuff like manicures/pedicures and outfits I've worn. Basically general Instagram crap.  So last night I got a bunch of likes on some older and more recent pictures of my feet and cast.  Some dude who clearly has a foot fetish and a cast fetish left comments about my sexy toos (sp).  It made me laugh because I'm not sure what toos are, but if he were to see my sexy toos in real life, he would not think them too sexy at all.  I used to have pretty feet once upon a time.  Running has caused them a world of problems.  My husband was like, "Really? Has he seen your feet"?  I have to agree. They are all bent up and gnarly looking. Not sexy toos!

My hair is getting long.  This is probably the longest I have had my hair since my late teens/early 20's. I'm not sure what to do.  Part of me wants to  grow it longer (like maybe a few inches longer), then have it layered in the back.  And part of me wants to cut it right off.  I'm leaning towards the growing it longer.  It's super healthy right now.  I haven't had it cut since Kristjan cut it for the Steven and Chris Show back in January 2013.  Even though it's not been cut since then, I have no dead ends and I have been caring for it exactly like he told me to.  It's super soft and very shiny. I think my good hair health has to do with how I eat as well. I'm definitely getting bangs trimmed for the fall.  Maybe Friday!  Something to look forward to and be excited about! I really have nothing else going on.

My fridge and cupboards are bare.  I have to make my shopping list for this week.  Hubby can take me tomorrow morning and I'm totally able to use the crutches easily while I'm out and about.  I thank my lucky stars that I broke my ankle while I was at this weight.  I was thinking about what it would have been like to have a broken ankle and weigh 300 pounds.  What is simple for me to do now, would have been horrendous for me at that weight.  I can hop up and down the stairs with ease.  When I was at my heaviest, I could barely walk up the stairs without a lot of discomfort and pain.  I can't even imagine what it would have been like to use the crutches.  It sucks so bad to have limited mobility and I can't sit still.  If this happened when I weighed 300 pounds, I would have been lying in front of the TV binging like crazy and gaining a ton more weight.  Although I obviously wish I never broke my ankle in the fist place, the experience has made me thankful that I am in good shape during this ordeal.  I can't imagine how I would have coped if this happened the summer of 2011.  Just another reminder of why I need to be thankful for what I have.  My health and a body I can move around effortlessly in, even with a cast! It really puts things into perspective. Having the restriction of a cast is nothing compared to having the restriction of 130+ extra pounds.

My eats from the past couple of days