|Left: Water vapor above Lake Ontario yesterday because the water was warmer|
than the air. It was -38C/-36.4F with the wind chill.
Right: That cracks me up!
- This is going to have to be a short post. I have my splint off to type, and I'm sure I'm not supposed to be typing. Hate wearing the splint. That's all I have to say about that.
- Looking forward to seeing the orthopedic surgeon on Friday morning and hopefully getting some answers. Although the movement of the hand is getting stronger and I'd have to say it's at about 75%, I need some, okay, a lot of reassurance that everything is going to return to normal.
- Yesterday was a scheduled 6K steady run. I did not run. It was -38C with the windchill at 5:30am, and since I value the skin on my face and my fingers and toes, I opted to sit that run out. I am not gonna lie. It was a hard decision to make, and it grated on me all day. And I need to give myself a break. I declared yesterday's temperature a near apocalypse. Forgiven!
|It's a good thing I looked at the temperature this morning. A -20C windchill?|
Piece of cake! Got geared up and headed out at 6:30am!
- I was stalking the Weather Network on Tuesday night to see what the temps this morning were going to be. It was still bitterly cold when I got home at 11 pm last night. The predicted temps were -33C with the windchill. So I resigned myself to sit another run out. I woke up at 6am because I figured I wasn't running, and I was working in Hamilton for the day. My house did not seem nearly as cold as it was the day before, so I checked the temperature and it was -20 with the windchill! I couldn't get my running gear on fast enough. Got a 5.3K run in, through downtown Hamilton, on a thick layer of very uneven and bumpy ice. Pace was not impressive at 7:12/km, but I gotter done. If there wasn't ice, I would have been much faster just to get back home ASAP. Cold run but I'm not complaining. I was just happy to run.
- So according to US News, the Paleo Diet ranks last (#31) on the "Best Diets" list. Jenny Craig ranked #8 because pre-packaged and processed food is super healthy for you. And SlimFast #13? Are your freaking kidding me? So my "whole food" approach to eating is a big crock of shit! That is all I'm going to say about that.
|Finally receiving my BMI certificate from Trish! She is the BIGGEST|
sweetheart...and a big loser too:) 160 pounds lost! My eyes are so squinty
on the right because I was trying not to cry:)
- I got home so late last night because I headed out to Scarborough for the Dr. Poon support group. Regardless of the frigid temperatures, there were seven of us that braved the cold. I got to meet Shannen! You know Shannen from a few posts back, who ran her first 5K and sent me the lovely message because her running coach told her to thank the person who inspired her to run on race day. Still my favorite message to date! Also got to hang with the regulars and was super surprised because although I never received my BMI certificate from Dr. Poon, Trish made a special one just for me and got the group to sign it. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little choked up. What an adorably sweet thing to do! Looking forward to seeing everyone again next month (I hope)!
- I'm signing off now, I'll leave you with the 19th video in the Anniversary Series entitled, Marvin Gaye and a Tin Leopard. We discuss my husband's favorite song of all time (Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke), as well as bad behavior at the Queen's Landing. I'm off to have coffee with my running gals Dawn and Monica. Good night all:)