|Trying to get a good mother/son picture. Julien was VERY|
goofy! I finally gave up. We laughed till we cried:)
- I have been a horrible blog friend. I have no defense. I have just been consumed with work and stuff in my life that I have paid little mind to the blogs I follow. I apologize and strive to be better in a couple of weeks.
- Tomorrow morning my plan is to go to urgent care when it opens at 9am. I have had a hacking cough for almost a month now. I am sure that I have bronchitis, but I have done nothing to get it treated. I know, I am a complete loser! I actually don't feel sick, just the nagging cough that gets out of hand sometimes...And my voice is still quite husky sounding. Which wouldn't be so bad if I was a jazz lounge singer, but I am not.
- Last night I went to see my girlfriend Nokomis. Now Nokomis and I have been friends since birth. She is Cree from Manitoba. She grew up across the street from me and was also adopted by a white family. I haven't seen her since she came to the recording of the Steven and Chris Show back in January 2013. It was a much overdue reunion! I had a blast catching up with her. No matter how much time we spend apart, when I see her again, it's like time has stood still.
- Today was time for one of the most dreaded chores of the year. I had to go the local laundromat and wash the winter duvets. Why I stored unwashed winter duvets is beyond my comprehension, but I did. Don't judge me.
- I get hit on a lot. I'm not saying that to sound all full of myself or anything. The men who hit on me are either from my neighborhood (ie: drug addicts and alcoholics), or from the area I work in downtown Toronto (ie: drug addicts and alcoholics). Today a lovely gentleman came up to me in the laundromat and said, "I can see that you are married. Are you Native? I just wanted to tell you that you are very beautiful and I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year." Then he left. No uncomfortable leers, no awkward come ons. How incredibly sweet was that? Made my day.
|My Friday in pictures. My first Tom Horton's Christmas cup. I got to hold a|
three week old baby which made my womb clench for a nano second. Me and
my best gal Nokomis! Love her:) Original Life magazines from 50 years ago...
- I ran just shy of 5K yesterday. 4.85K to be exact. It went well. I didn't put too much effort into my run, but I still felt like I accomplished something afterwards. I dressed waaaaay too warmly and was a hot mess afterwards. I drank coffee immediately after my run...with sweat dripping down my face. Yeah, I really needed a coffee.
- I had, what I thought would be a relaxing massage after my run on Friday. Turns out that my message therapist found not one, but two muscle knots. My left calf, and my right quad. He hurt me yet again. What gets me is that while he's making me scream and swear, he laughs. Yep. He just laughs at me. That sort of pisses me off. After he strips me, I always feel better though, so I forgive him.
- I spoke to Dr. Pitt on the phone on Thursday. He got the results of my x-rays and ultrasound on my feet. Looks like I have medically confirmed Morton's Neuroma. It's no longer a guess. So I am waiting for an appointment for an MRI in the next month. Hopefully that happens before I see the orthopedic surgeon on December 16th. I am not letting anyone cut open my feet. Just say'in...
- It was hard for me to hear that. It means that long distance running is always going to be painful. I may not be able to complete a marathon. That hurts my heart for sure. But I would rather be a half marathon runner, than no runner at all...
- I am ready for bed. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night because I got back from Nokomis' place close to 1am. I still woke up at 5am...Damn internal clock!
- Here is the next installment of the Anniversary Series of videos. This one is entitled Lexus Gas Guzzler. Hubby and I find a Tim Horton's in Fort Erie and we discuss how bad the Lexus is on gas. Enjoy!