|My Nutreats profile.|
- Last week I was approached by Nutreats, a South African sports nutrition company, to be featured on their website as their weekly profile. What an honor! It was a lot of fun to put together my profile and I was just so surprised that they wanted me! Their weekly profiles are of athletes. Real athletes. I guess I have to bite the bullet and start thinking of myself as an athlete. Such a strange way for me to think!
- I have not been eating well over the past week or so. And by not well, I mean not enough. I just have not felt very hungry. I know I have lost weight because my pants are getting very loose on me. I can't be bothered to weigh myself, and I keep forgetting to anyway. I don't really care what my weight is right now. I just need to focus on eating more so I have the energy to run!
- My poor Finn is a sick pup. I noticed he wasn't himself on Friday. He was sleeping a lot and not as energetic as he normally is. Saturday was a good day for him. He played in the back yard a lot with Julien. Sunday morning he seemed in good spirits. I went to visit a girlfriend for the day and my hubby called me in the middle of the afternoon to tell me that Finn went downhill fast. He was not responding when he called him and wasn't getting up. This was very worrisome because Finn has never been sick a day in his life. He has been the epitome of health for his 7 years. I was in Toronto with Julien at the time, and my hubby ended up having to take Finn to the emergency vet before I even got home. Forty-five minutes and $600 later we learned that Finn has a severe intestinal infection. He was given antibiotics and sent home. It's Wednesday now. Hubby had him back at the vet this morning because he's not eating and has not had a bowel movement in four days. They gave him more medication and sent him home. I feel so bad for him. He's on pain killers and antibiotics and laxatives. And he's not moving around a lot. And seems dazed. If he doesn't come out of this, the vet thinks he may have disease of the spleen. Needless to say, it's tense around here and I'm pretty anxious. I have no money!
|Finn on Tuesday, Finn on Wednesday.|
- Around the Bay 30K training started yesterday. I'm following the Half Marathon (to finish) training schedule from the Running Room to the "T" for a few weeks. It's strange for me because in my normal running life, I'd never run less than 6K for a run. I'm still doing 3K as per the training schedule. It's all good though. In a few weeks, I'll add more K's to the schedule. Then I'll be back to running the way I did before the broken ankle.
- My run on Sunday was freaking cold. It was -11C when I headed out. I only ran 5K so by the time I got good and warmed up, I was done. I ran on my favorite trail near my house which was awesome. My ankle feels good. No discomfort, no pain.
- My quads are on fire. Graham has me doing some hops on the Pilates machine. It looks like fun, but hurts like the devil when you've been doing it for 10 minutes. Feel the burn baby! I just realized that the Pilates machine is the reason Mark found the muscle knots in my calf and my quad last week.
|I just woke up in the picture on the left. That's why I look so angry...|
- The above picture is for my hubby. He has asked me a few times if I'd cut my hair. The man is daft! It took me forever to grow my hair. I mean I will cut it off eventually, but not right now. Anyway, he was wondering what I would look like with short hair. See exhibit "A" on the left. I'm still partial to the long hair and will definitely be keeping longer locks for now. I also have 5 bottles of Moroccan Oil to get through. Not cutting my hair until I've used them all up. This will take a couple of years at least!
- I am beat. Besides not eating well, I have not been sleeping well either. I sometimes get up in the night to check on Finn, then can't get back to sleep. On Sunday night, I only got 3 hours of sleep the entire night. Monday was a fun time at work! Regardless of what time I go to bed, I still get up at 5am. That sucks! especially on the weekend.
- I went to the doctor today. I do not have a bacterial infection in my throat, so antibiotics will not work on me. What I do have is a cough that could last up to three months. WTF? No rhyme or reason. Just because. I may have had a minor cold about a month ago and irritated my throat which continues to linger. I'm going to live. I was prescribed two puffers, one of which is steroids. I asked if this would make me run faster...sadly it will not.
- I'm off to bed. I'm actually nodding off as I type this. I leave you with the 10th installment of the Anniversary Series of videos. This one is entitled Figured out how to use the radio. And the title is pretty self explanatory. It truly took me over two hours to learn how to use the radio in our borrowed Lexus. And hubby does his best Billy Idol impression. Enjoy!