Thursday, November 14, 2013

The post about urine (a lot of urine), Meatloaf and Chippawa

Getting my sweat on at 5:15am...
I look tired because I am.

  • My last two days were mucho busy.  Although I couldn't run yesterday morning, I still got up at 5am. I am just conditioned to get up at that ungodly hour, regardless of whether or not I need to be.  It's all good though. I get a lot done in the wee hours of the morning. 
  • I had to be in the office fairly early yesterday for an all staff meeting.  I drank a pretty large coffee during my commute.  The earlier I leave to go to work, the longer the drive. I was in my car for over 2 hours.  And man did I have to pee.  Like really badly.  So bad, that I was scared to actually get out of my car because I was nervous that I'd just go right there in the parking garage.  I make my way up to my unit floor (in a lot of pain I might add) and high tail it to the washroom.  The maintenance guy is in there and he has a "washroom temporarily closed" sign on the door.  Are you kidding me? So I walk into the washroom because no stupid sign can keep me out now, and he's all like "you can't come in here, the washroom is closed".  And I'm all like, "I don't care, because if you don't let me pee, you'll have urine to clean up too".  So he high tailed it out of there. I swear, I must have peed for a full five minutes.  It was touch and go there for a while, but I made the unit meeting on time.  Phew!
  • You think I would have learned from that experience and made extra sure that I used the facilities before any car trips.  On my way home today, I had to stop at the Esso station at Burloak and Harvester to use the bathroom.  Again, a near catastophy.  I tell you between this, my lack of water consumption and the cheese I can't seem to stay away from, I am a ticking time bomb. You don't want to be around if that explodes!
  • Since I am on the subject of urine, I barely drank any water yesterday.  Although, I did drink coffee like it was water.  Waaaaaaaay too much.  And I also did something I haven't done in a real long time.  I went through the McDonald's drive thru with a client and got a large Diet Coke.  I know, I know. Artificial sweetener, not good.  Nor was the amount of caffeine I consumed.  And definitely not Paleo.  But there you have it.  Yesterday my urine was a dark yellow all day.  My urine hasn't been that color since I was morbidly obese.
  • Too much information? I completely concur...
  • Today I was out my door at 5:15am for my morning run.  Yup, I'm becoming that crazy running girl again.  It took me 22.5 minutes to run 3K.  Mostly because Graham told me to take it easy on my ankle, but also because there were some crazy strong winds to contend with.  I swear it felt like I was running on the spot sometimes.  It was cold and very windy and it took my breath away.  When I'm running in those kinds of conditions, I can't wait to be done.  But those runs are also the most gratifying because nothing feels better than completing a particularly difficult run.  
  • Speaking of Graham, I love him again.  Although he said I could not run 5K this weekend, he has given me permission to run 5K next weekend.  He also agreed that I could begin my 30K training schedule the week of November 25th.  I bought a new giant fridge calendar today so I can map out my schedule for the next 18 weeks!!!!
  • Although running in the dark, early in the morning all winter can be daunting, I'm just grateful to be running again.  So I will not complain even a bit about the cold/snow/rain/sleet.  I will mention the bad weather because I deserve the bragging rights, but I won't complain.  I ran all last winter, five days a week, regardless of the weather.  It made no difference if it snowed, rained or was -20C, I still ran.  The hardest part about running in less than ideal running conditions is getting out the door. Once I'm running, I just want to keep going so I can get warm. Sounds like I'm crazy right? Oh I am crazy! Crazy about running!
  • About five years back we had a Mac computer.  I had the absolute best playlist on it.  I consisted of over 150 songs that included the oldies, classic rock, 80's, 90's and some more current music thrown in for good measure. It took me forever to download everything and even longer to arrange the mix so that it flowed nicely from one music genre to another.  Julien froze the computer when he wasn't even one yet by bashing on the keyboard and the system crashed.  I was saddest because I lost a bunch of his baby pictures along with my playlist.  A few days ago I found a couple of CD's I burned from that playlist, but had no memory of doing so.  It was awesome listening to my disks in the car the past couple of days.  Some really cool tunes...and Meatloaf!  I may or may not have sung Two out of Three Ain't Bad at the top of my lungs today.  Now my voice is very raspy.  Sounding a little bit like Jessica Rabbit right now...
  • Tonight I was freakishly hungry.  I ate half a roasted chicken, carrots and broccoli for dinner.  I'm full now.  Just to put your mind at ease, I did get back on the water drinking wagon today.  I drank about 120 ml of water.  My urine is very light yellow again and I no longer feel bloated.  Now you can all rest easy and not have to lose sleep over my dehydration problems.  
  • I'm off to bed because 5am comes quickly.  I leave you with the 6th installment of the Anniversary Series entitled Rich for a Day.  In this segment, we visit the township of Chippawa while mapping out the half marathon route.  Hubby is hard of hearing and I talk about being pseudo rich for one day.