Monday, January 2, 2012

Love of my Life - Santana feat. Dave Matthews

My last post before the end of my Christmas vacation and I am back to work.  I have been a diligent blog reader over the past week and a half, but may find it hard to keep up once I go back to the old "nine to five".  That sucks, 'cos I really became a bit hooked to reading all the blogs that I find inspirational.  Funny, I never thought I could gain so much support and encouragement from reading about people I have never met.  But I am here to say that I am a reformed doubter.  I am humbled daily by the honesty and sharing that is put out by my followers and those I follow on a daily basis.  I thank all of you, blog readers and writers, for your continued support and guidance during my journey.

Although I do not make New Year's resolutions, I have decided to make some goals for 2012.  They're pretty simple and one's I think I can actually see through to 2013.

  1. To log my food on a daily basis.
  2. To increase my physical activity.
  3. To continue eating as healthily as I can.
  4. To keep blogging at least 2 entries per week.
That's it!  No numbers, no huge expectations that I put on myself.  Pretty straight-forward and simple.  The hardest thing for me will be the physical activity piece since I HATE exercise sooooooo much.  Although, I do have a motivator for the exercise and keeping on track.

This year I will be celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary.  Back in 2002 when I got married, my mother was very sick and died less than a year after my wedding.  My wedding was really her brain-child and I let her call all the shots because it was really her last shining moment.  I even let her make my wedding gown, with no input from me.  It was a lovely dress but it wasn't what I would have chosen for myself.  I honestly didn't care because my mother being present at my wedding was all I cared about at the time.

I was also probably close to my heaviest weight so I didn't really have a lot of dress option choices.  So for my 10th year of being married, I'd like to renew my vows in a dress of my choosing.  I have chosen this gown and really need to work on my body to wear it!  I currently wear a size 16 and would love to get down to at least a size 10 before attempting to wear something like this.

This dress is so pretty it makes me wanna cry like a baby:)

Don't get me wrong.  I love the dress my mom made for me, but I was too heavy to wear something like this then and this is what I would have chosen it I could have.  My first dress was a size 24 and it will be a forever heirloom.  I had it made into my son's baptismal gown and I am hopeful that he will continue to use it for his children.

So I guess I have made a HUGE goal for myself.  Maybe I will see it to fruition and maybe I won't.  If I can't wear that dress this year, there is always next year and we can renew our vows in our 11th year.  I'm easy to please, so no real pressure there.  I really just want an excuse to have a big party and get the wedding ring I've always wanted because we were so broke when we got married the first time.
I love this.  I think it's soooo pretty.
I'm undecided about getting it with sapphires, emeralds, or rubies.

Well I guess I am full of s**t.  I do I make resolutions for myself!  I also know that I get a lot of my strength from the blogging community, because after only 2 and a half short months, I have become a blogging addict.  My fifth goal for 2012...try to be as honest as I can with myself and everyone else.  Good luck to all with your goals and resolutions for the New Year:)

PS: Just in case you're wondering...the title of this blog entry was my first dance at my wedding in 2002:)

18 comments:

  1. You may like a group class better for exercise. I do step aerobics and Jazzercise and love them both. You can lose weight without exercising but it is better to work out just for general health if nothing else. I don't want to get old and not be able to climb a flight of stairs or open a jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well its a new year, i'm trying to be healthier so my new year's resolution is to try and at least exercise once a week. We'll see how it goes. I hate going to the gym, but i have videos. I'll let you know if they're fun enough to do and not make it seem like exercise. Went over to my sis's place the other day and we played kinect. My right arm and back of shoulder is still sore after 3 days! I think this just proves how out of shape I am! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is beautiful! I'm sure you will look gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is stunning, and you will look beautiful in it!

    I am so happy that I found you in this blogging world, you are a massive support to me! :) Oh and I love your picture by the way, you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that dress is gorgeous. Love the vintage feel it has with all of the lace! Good luck with all of your goals!

    http://loserlike-me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also am blog/internet addicted lol, but I really love it. You are right you can get so much motivation from the weight loss community. Anyways, I wanted to say Happy New Year! I think its going to be a good one. BTW, I'm Paul from Fat Man Writing, I working on moving my blog to WordPress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is beautiful. I'm sure you'll look amazing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a gorgeous dress and great incentive! If you're only a size 16 now, this is an attainable goal. Good luck and Happy New Year. As far as the ring, I have one similar with sapphires and they look black. I wish I had gone with rubies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ring? Made me squeal! Just stumbled to your blog a few days ago and I totally agree with you about the support you can find online. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your upcoming 10th wedding anniversary. The dress you selected is beautiful, and the ring is gorgeous. You've worked hard and you deserve it. I love the fact that your goals are realistic and you've set yourself up for success. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress and Beautiful ring. You will do this....you know it. I can't wait to see the photos of you celebrating your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful dress and ring!

    Like you, I'll be celebrating my 10th anniversary this year (in June) and also like you, I never got to wear the wedding dress of my choosing. I was 8 mths pregnant when we got married in a beautiful Canadian summer.

    I'd love to renew my vows this year but I'm still too big to wear my dream dress. So, I'm gonna wait til our 15th anniversary. Or maybe just as soon as I can wear the purty dress eh?

    LOVE your simple goals. Easy to achieve too. Exercise sucks, but it's a necessary evil eh?

    Welcome to the addicting world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful story about your mom. The dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was an awesome idea, making the dress into a baptism outfit. Some really good goals for 2012!!! Hope we can continue to give you support, as you are doing for many of us!!!

    "MO"-tivated

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some pretty awesome goals and what an incentive! That dress will be stunning!!! Mo and I are here for you! You can do this thing!!! Never ever give up!
    MER

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Leigh! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, it's always great hearing from you.
    It's nice to know low carb is working for you, I'm really going to do my best to cut way back on rice, potatoes, and pasta. They make me feel miserable.

    I love the gown you chose, and hope and pray you get to wear it. Stay focused and driven, you're already doing it!!

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the dress and the ring!

    My husband I are renewing our vows this year also, it's our 7 years, 7 is our family number!

    I was 6 months pregnant at our wedding, and I am soo excited to be in healthy shape and looking fantastic!

    I guess we both have something wonderful to work towards! Mine is Halloween when is yours?

    ReplyDelete