Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pants on the ground

So I should clear a few things up before I get into the "meat" of my post.  First off, I never said what my height was.  Someone mentioned that in one of comments, and funny enough I had wondered if I ever shared it.  I'm 5'7".  Really 5'6 and 3/4 inches...but I'm giving myself the extra 1/4 inch.  Just like my hubby likes to say that he's 6 feet, when he's really 5'11 and 1/2".  So there you have it.  I weigh 186 (at last check) and am 5'7".  What that looks like is someone who comfortably fits into size 12 capris.

The next order of business is that I totally forgot to mention that I was once again overwhelmed by the outpouring of congratulations on my loss of a two month old horse.  I thank one and all, and ask that if you find said horse, I do not want it back!  Please find him a new home.

Let us now move from horses to butterflies.  Heloise has been in the back of mind for a couple of months now.  I really and truly do want to get her altered, but I can not afford to at this time.  I was quoted $140 for her transformation and although it may not sound like a lot to some, it is a huge amount to me right now because we are a single income family.  My hubby is a stay-at-home-dad, and with dishing out all the extra money to do summer stuff, I don't have $140 kicking around.  So Heloise is gonna become my goal weight tattoo.  This gives me a few more months, and therefore time to save up for her.  I feel like such a tool because a co-worker emailed me a Fab Find (similar to Groupon) where I could have gotten an hour session at a tattoo parlor in Toronto for $40. Heloise wouldn't have taken longer than 40 minutes.  I was leery though because it was a coupon for a tattoo parlor!

Finally, I mentioned a few posts ago that me and my hubby were running the Stryker Dundas Cactus 5k last weekend.  It's actually this weekend that we're running it.  And I just found out today from Enz, that there is no medal.  There was some bad advertising there.  The post card ad for the race showed a medal...making one assume that you would get one if you ran it!  That sucks! But at least it is for a good charitable cause.  Ronald McDonald House.  Hubby's way more bummed than me.  At least it's chip timed.

So yesterday I got something in the mail that I was initially excited about because it meant I could save up points and save money for clothes.  Problem is, it was the VIP program for Addition Elle. Addition Elle was one of my favorite plus sized clothing stores.  The catalogue was beautiful and it had some really nice clothes in it.  Then I remembered that I can no longer shop at a plus sized store because I don't fit into the smallest plus size.  That made me even happier.

I wore a pair of size 16 jeans to work today...without a belt.  More than one person commented that my clothes were waaaaaaaaaay to big for me and I needed new pants.  It is true.  I need new clothes for the fall.    I will retire my size 16's...even with a belt.   Wearing clothes that are too big is not slimming...and I feel like a rapper!  A look I am just not fly enough to pull off.

There is something on the horizon that I'm quite excited about...stay tuned for further details.  It should be available for public viewing this weekend.  Until then, you'll have to wait with baited breath...Laters baby:)