Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The post about pruned trees and being despicable the second time around

Nice lips!  

This morning was my 10K steady/tempo run.  Again I worked on running differently, and again my toes did not get numb or cramp.  I did feel the lump in my foot where my nerve presses (between the second and third toe on my left foot), but it lasted momentarily near the end of my run.  I don't know what I'm going to do with my $575 orthotics that I can't wear.  That really grates on me.

First thing this morning, the tree company came to prune the giant tree in my neighbor's yard. Julien was very excited, initially, but it took so long for them to set everything up that he got bored quickly.  Finn watched excitedly, but only because he wanted to go out.  No dogs or children allowed in the yard.  There were falling tree limbs and one fell on one of my potted house plants. Since that was the only casualty, I think we did okay.

A boy and his dog watching the tree pruners.

The tree dude scaling the neighbor's giant
tree.  It took 5.5 hours to prune the tree.

This afternoon I took Julien to see Despicable Me 2.  He loved it.  I fell asleep.  I don't know why.  I dressed very warm because I'm always freezing in movie theaters and office buildings.  Any air conditioning actually.  Something that happened after I lost weight.  Anyway, I maybe dressed too warmly and found myself dosing at the end of the movie.  Julien had to pee so badly by the time the movie was done.  But he wouldn't leave before the credits finished rolling because they always have stuff with the credits.  Thank goodness the bathroom was right outside the theater we were in.

I remember all too well how I couldn't comfortably fit into a
theater seat.  Always too close to my neigbor.

Enjoying some popcorn and pop before the movie starts.

I thank those for the few suggestions I got in regards to my hair question.  Although I got a couple of good suggestions (ie: bob with bangs), I just can't go back there.  That was the hair style I had for the past 5 years and will be one I associate with being morbidly obese.  If I was going to go short, I'd go super pixie cut short.  Not brave enough yet though.  I'm really wondering if I should get a trim with bangs again, or let it grow.  My hair is super healthy right now.  Could have to do with my diet.  I'll need a trim regardless, but do I just trim the ends or get a few inches taken off? What to do, what to do!

Tomorrow we are going to Safari Niagara and I'm off to Walmart to buy a half roasted chicken for our picnic lunch.  Preparation is the key to success and healthy eating does not take a summer vacation (even if I do).  Good night everyone!

The best photo I could get today.
I was cold!

My eats from today.

My lunch...with lots of pepper!
And some lemon juice on the tuna.