Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The post about what in the heck to write about anymore and Canada Day celebrations

I'm struggling with blog topics.  I'm pretty sure that no one cares to read about what I do day in and day out.  My life is SUPER boring.  I run, work, eat and repeat.  I shop sometimes and stick to a "no more than $10 per piece of clothing" rule.  Exciting?  Not too much.  I can tell you all the details of my marathon training, but for many of you, that is SUPER boring.  Maybe you drop me a little comment about what you want me to write about.  I'm drawing a blank.

This was a long weekend in Canada.  Yesterday was Canada Day.  We are 146 years young.  I am a true Canadian through and through. I am half Ojibwe and half French Canadian.  That makes me Metis.  I'll tell you who does not like Canada Day.  My pooch Finn, that's who.  Poor guy was a trembling mess all weekend long.  For some reason, in my neighborhood, people think that since it's a fireworks weekend, it's acceptable to start lighting them off on Thursday, and past midnight is okay too.  Really?  Give me a freaking break!  Obviously those fireworks enthusiasts do not have young children or pets.

Finn showing off his summer cut...and enjoying Canada day
in the daylight.

Yesterday was a fun, active family day.  I made ribs in the slow cooker and served them with coleslaw and baked sweet potato.  Super yummy and filling.  We spent the afternoon out and active.  It was a rest day running wise, but that did not mean we were idle.  We spent the afternoon playing soccer, walking Finn and at the playground.  We even fit in a bit of a weight-lifting competition.

Julien having fun with some new friends.


Canada Day fun with my best boy.

After dinner we headed to Lynden Park to meet up with my gal Beverly and her family for some Canada Day fireworks.  For such a small community they put on a pretty kick ass fireworks display.  Bev and I entered the trip to Vegas draw again, but sadly neither of us won.  I'm not gonna lie, I could totally use a trip to Vegas with a girlfriend.   But only if it's free.  Sadly, the budget would not allow for that kind of expense.

Today was a "work at home" day.  Jules is in a half day of day camp this week, so I had my run a bit late.  Then I headed to my local Starbucks to finish up a bunch of paper work.  I made super yummy chicken cacciatore on spaghetti squash for dinner.  It was a hit.  Hubby seemed to enjoy it, and we have lots of leftovers for the rest of the week.  Easy and satisfying.  Tonight's gonna be an early one.  I'm up at 5:30 am for my 6K.  I have to be in the office for 9:30 am so it'll be tight. Only 2.5 weeks until my summer vacation. I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing for the rest of the summer.  Nothing that is except keep a 5-year-old entertained.  Not an easy task I tell you!