Saturday, August 8, 2015

The post about an extra rest day, an anniversary and a wee pup...



  • It's #coffeetime and I smile through my pain. Not the best sleep. Every time I moved, I'd wake because my abs fecken hurt. They feel worse today than they did yesterday. This ab pain is recurring and Dr Pitt said I just keep re-injuring it because I don't let it heal completely before injuring it again. So today I force myself to do nothing but apply Voltaren to my gut. It's been a while since I wished for a helper monkey. This would be a perfect job for one. That and fetching me things so I don't need to get up from sitting position. Because even that hurts. And breathing. Breathing hurts. Although I will remain optimistic that the Voltaren will help, I think the previous times I pulled my muscle would have been the time to use it. I think I'll be seeing Dr Pitt next week for a cortisone shot. Today I have a mountain of laundry to fold, a pile of dishes to do, counselling this morning (still working on self esteem issues), and a 50% off clearance items sale to check out at Reitman's. And tonight I'm hanging with my sister and her step daughter. Fun times:-)





  • Today is a special day and an anniversary. It's #pinkfest in support of @lutherungirl. People say I'm an inspiration. This lady is pure inspiration with her ability to be such a strong fighter in a situation most of us could only imagine. So today I wear my only pink article of clothing and my #stelladotstyle Hope necklace that I bought in support of cancer research. Every time I tell people about my aspirations to fight in next year's "Fight to End Cancer", they tell me I'm crazy. The reason I'm training with a personal trainer right now is so that in the event that I am chosen to fight, I'm preparing myself for the extensive training that will start in December. It's going to be a lot of work but something I'm hoping I'll get chosen for. Today is the 12th anniversary of my mother's death. She passed away from chronic lymphatic leukemia. As hard as preparing to box is going to be it's nothing compared to how hard my mother fought for her life. And this past year, my brother-in-law, sister's sister and some of my acquaintances fought as well. So the reason I want to fight is for the Emily's, Lou's, Claudia's and Michelle's who have fought and continue to fight everyday. Six months of hard training is nothing compared to the fight they've had to endure...





  • Since I got nothing to flex cos I've already done my legs, you get #facetoface Friday. I found a smiling picture. I was at a wedding. My husband's cousin. This would be about 9 years ago. The angles must be different because there's no way my skull got thinner. Anywho, I was actually the lightest I had been in years on the left. I got my weight below 270 just before I got pregnant. But then I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy and never lost it again until I started Dr Poon in the fall of 2011. Sometimes when I see people at different branches of my work who haven't seen me in many years (but who I used to work with), they walk right by me without any recognition on their face. It's usually when I start talking that they finally recognize me. I always think they're being rude for a split second until I remember when they last saw me. I suppose I can't expect them to know me when I still don't know myself...





  • No food post tonight. I didn't eat enough times and I had too many nuts at my sister's house. Instead you get to meet Lily. She's 8 weeks old and 1/2 pomeranian and 1/2 mini pinscher. So adorbs. Tomorrow morning I meet Tanya for a run. And I'm back on track eating 6x per day. Gotta get groceries tomorrow. I'm in need of produce and some of the grains and dairy that I agreed to eat. Quinoa, bulgur and cottage cheese:-( I also need protein powder to make pre-workout shakes. Abs are coming along. Taking an extra rest day was probably a good idea. I can almost laugh pain free now:-) Score!!!