Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The post about my shoulders, a youth group and having to forego wine...


  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I'm becoming a little obsessed with my shoulders. Starting to see some definition there. It's all those push-ups and pull-ups. And the TRX ring pulls. So excited to get my arms lifted in 5 weeks. Then I can get my guns to match my shoulders. Today I rest because my body's feeling bagged and I want to be fresh for leg day tomorrow. That's the day I work the hardest. Still trying to figure out my training formula. When I just ran I rested 2 days a week. Running and strength training together I usually rest once per week. Maybe Monday works best because it's just before my personal training sessions and Tony's becoming more and more sadistic. Either way I got less calories to play with today and I'm going to be more mindful of my fat intake. Today I begin a week long group at the office. Fingers crossed the week goes fast. A whole week at the office is more than I can handle...





  • Such an uninspiring #sunroofselfie. Zero effort put into my look today. And I didn't even feel motivated to do anything to my hair. It's supposed to be dreadfully hot out but I'm in air conditioning hell all day. I hate a/c and only put it on for super sweltering days or when my dad's over. My dad left this morning. We had a nice weekend. It's much easier when he's with me because I don't have to worry about his medication or whether or not he's eaten enough. Doing a youth group all week. Although I can post here and there, may not be able to check on y'all until later this evening. Keep cool:-)





  • Winetime is replaced with #watertime. I don't have enough available calories to have wine tonight. I'm not gonna lie. I'm not liking the calorie counting today. I'm going to go to bed hungry. Dr. Poon's phase 1 is looking better and better by the hour. I was never hungry. I ate lean protein and veggies till I was full. And it worked. It's how I lost over 130 pounds. I'd be interested to log my calories on My Fitness Pal while following phase 1 of Dr. Poon. I definitely need to cut back on fats, fruits and nuts. That's how I lose and I know this from experience. It's just so strange to limit my protein and to count all veggies. Maybe I'll give it a bit more time before aborting. 
  • I spent the day in uncomfortably cold air conditioning. When I got into the underground parking the contrast in temperatures was extreme. Boy was it hot today. But at least my feet and hands melted from being blocks of ice quickly. It's gonna be an early night tonight. I'm up at 4:30 to meet my trainer for 6am. Tomorrow is leg day. He's putting me on machines and I'm doing TRX tomorrow. But first I have to do the summit trainer. I hate that fecken thing...