Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The post about a rewarding training session, Transformation Tuesday and an important meeting...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • I'm fecken cold and gross. I seriously have not sweat this much since I weighed 300 pounds and walked around Colonial Williamsburg in 45C/113F temperatures. I used a new warm-up machine today. It's an elliptical stepper? I don't like it. But I will continue to be tortured on it. It works my legs hard and makes me sweat like I'm melting. After that I did a hard circuit that included:

  • Squats w 35# kettlebell
  • Walking lunges while holding a 25# plate over my head
  • Farmers walk w 50# kettlebell
  • Squats w 35# kettlebell
  • Step ups with 2x 25# dumbbells (starting with one foot, then the other)
  • Squats w 35# kettlebell
  • Ball slam squats w 17# medicine ball
  • 10 reps of each. Rest for a minute, repeat x 3

  • I also did 1/2 lunges and some calf exercises using the 25# dumbbells. And I did back extensions using 20# weight. I am tired but feeling accomplished. Tony upped almost all the weight today and I could really feel it. We're laying off core till next Thursday because he wants to make sure I'm completely healed. 
  • So #coffeetime is just happening now. Today I was gonna work from home but remembered I need to see my dad later. So I'm meeting a client for lunch then working out of Starbucks till it's time to break for the day...





  • Today is #transformationtuesday and my photographer is MIA. So I had to make do with my basement half bath/laundry room mirror. You get to see my dirty shirt from the gym. Kettlebells are filthy and rusty. Although I always try to do the same angles, it was difficult because my before picture is so large. And I wanted to show more of my legs. That before picture was taken 20 years ago. I was in my mid 20's and I've no idea how much I weighed. I always guess over 330, but I couldn't fit into size 24. I could fit into a 24 when I weighed 300 pounds. I was a solid size 28. I was my biggest in that photo. The pic on the right has my head cut off (obviously) but my heads are roughly the same size (meaning that if I lined up my shoulders and I was at the same angle, my waists would line up). 
  • Today Tony told me he weighs the same as me. He's roughly the same height as me and much leaner than I am. I've a lot of work to do still. I'm looking forward to having the pic on the right be my before for strength training/gym progress. Note my lumpy upper outer thigh on the right side of the photo. That's getting sucked out next month:-)





  • Busy day. Not sure I can remember all my eats but I'll try. So here goes:

  • Banana - pre workout
  • Builder bar - post workout
  • 2x coffee w cream
  • 4x hard boiled eggs
  • Subway roasted chicken salad
  • Mixed nuts
  • 1/2 roasted chicken w salad
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Lots of aqua

  • After work I went to my dad's house. Julien joined us because he was visiting my in-laws with my hubby in the same neighborhood. I got my hubby to drop him off so he could join us for dinner. We had a nice visit to, you guessed it, Swiss Chalet, and then I had to get my dad's pills sorted. 
  • My dad was so cute. While we were in Shoppers Drug Mart, he insisted on buying Julien a treat with the loose change in his pocket. He was bummed Julien didn't eat candy. He wanted to get him a chocolate bar in the worst way. Then Julien said, "you can buy me chips Poppy". This made my dad very happy. 
  • After I dropped Julien back at my in-laws, I went to a Dr. Poon support meeting at a Scarborough Tim Horton's. I hadn't been in a long time and it was nice to catch up with some old friends and meet some new people. These meetings are important. Especially for people struggling on their journey. It's so helpful to know you're not alone and others have been where you are. Support no matter how you get it (real life or via social media) can make all the difference in someone's lifestyle journey. Because changing your life and what you're used to is hard. It's hard, but it's definitely worth it...