Friday, August 28, 2015

The post about an upper body fail, an exciting email and fat, lots and lots of fat...



  • I'm a smoothie making goddess. Last night before I went to bed my stomach was rumbling and I thought I was starving. This morning I'm force feeding myself smoothie so I'll have a good workout at the gym. I'm just tired. Saturday can't come soon enough. Maybe I just need to know I can sleep in. I probably won't but knowing I can makes all the difference. I've another busy day in store. After the gym, some computer work and a drive out to Listowel. I think it's 2 hours away. I hope it's supposed to be sunny today. I need to open the sunroof and crank some tunes for that drive. But first, HIIT and upper body...





  • It's #coffeetime and I'm fucking spent. Twenty minutes of HIIT followed by an hour of upper body. I hate upper body. There I said it and I won't take it back. It's because I'm weak. If I had strong arms and chest muscles, I'd be all over working those muscle groups. That's why I love leg day. It's tiring and I get an awesome workout, but I never fail on leg day. I failed a couple times today. Hate, hate, hate when I can't do something. Went flat on my face doing push-ups and my arm just gave out doing bench presses. Thank God Tony was spotting me. It just came out of the blue. 
  • I'm not seeing him again till next Thursday because I'm going to Montreal. I'll still have to train, but alone. I'm not gonna lie. The hotel I booked at has a fitness facility. It was the deciding factor on whether to book there or somewhere else. Although I'll be on vacation, there's never a vacation from working out. I'd love to go back to bed but I've way too much stuff to do today. Like work...





  • Let the shitting of thy pants commence. So I received this today. I'm excited and scared shitless at the same time. Making goals for myself that I find impossible to achieve are the best ones. That's how I felt when I registered for my first 1/2 marathon. And how I felt when I registered for my first full distance of the Around the Bay. Now I'm going to be training as a charity boxer. 
  • The training schedule is grueling. I think I'm sore now? I need to just wait til December. But every time I doubt myself, I prove myself wrong. So I'm looking forward to pushing any doubts out of my head. I've got to up my training. Since I'll be out of upper body commission for a month following my surgery, I'm doing as much as I can now. So 2 more gym days per week are on the agenda. I only have to wait 2 weeks after the liposuction on my outer thighs. Thank God. Running and legs will be my priority till I can work on my arms, chest and back again. Tony has promised me beautiful guns after my upper arm lift. Can't wait!!!!





  • I spent 7 hours in my car today. My left hamstring is a fecken mess. It's been aching like the devil all day. I deserved major #winetime today. So I had 2 glasses:-) I made up for my calorie deficit yesterday. Ate tons today. And check out my carb count. That's a lot for me. And I'm a lying liar who lies. I was not more mindful of my fat intake today. I had the most fat that I've ever had since I started using My Fitness Pal. I had breakfast for lunch which included a 3 egg omelet and home fries. That's where all my fat came from. I don't normally eat white potato but there was no sweet potato alternative. I figured this one time wouldn't kill me. And I could have gotten tomato slices in place, but I was fecken hungry. 
  • I am going to attempt to go to sleep now. It could be a bit of a struggle. Uncle John is here putting in my kitchen ceiling pot lights. I may run 7k in the morning, I may rest. So pot lights be damned!!! It's definitely bedtime for me. Sweet dreams...