Thursday, August 27, 2015

The post about gym grunting, boxing being back on and a date with my daddy...



  • Meanwhile, on Instagram yesterday...
  • It's #coffeetime and I'm still not feeling much like adulting today. My head is out of sorts and my upper body is sore. It was the dips I did at the gym yesterday. Something I forgot to mention about the gym is that I lifted the most weight I ever have in pull-downs. I'm a grunter. I make a lot of noise when I'm doing strength training. And I swear a lot. And of course I bought my fancy lifting gloves and left them at home. I'm sure I formed new calluses yesterday. I'm running in a bit. Then I'm headed to the office for half the day. Got a client meeting in the afternoon, then I'm going to see my dad. I need to focus today. Absolutely must get my mileage done...






  • Today's running effort. And it was truly an effort. But it's done! My pace has picked up a bit. So it was about a week ago that I reported I was bloated and yucky feeling from reintroducing grains back into my diet. And my weight was up 5 pounds. One week back doing what I know and I'm down 6 pounds. Grains and I are truly not friends.
  • In other exciting news, even though I originally thought I may not be able to do the charity boxing gala next year because the mandatory try out is on the 26th and my surgery is on the 22nd of next month, I spoke to the director of the charity this morning. I can attend the information part on the 26th and try out later. Yay!!!! Things could be moving along here. Still no mileage done. I need to get cracking. I need my money FFS!!!





  • Today's #sunroofselfie. I'm wearing a dress I got from Reitman's for $10. Paired it with my free hand me down shirt and $3 Old Navy sandals. I pulled off this outfit for $13. Major score! Feeling a little less melancholy today. What I need is a good ass whooping at the gym. That happens tomorrow. I can see how the gym becomes addictive. Loving the way it makes my muscles tired. 
  • After I finished core circuits yesterday and I was lying on the mat feeling exhausted but accomplished, Tony asked me how I felt. I felt like the freaking Hulk! All ripped and strong. That made him laugh because he said I didn't look like the Hulk except for my green complexion. Haha to him. He hasn't broken me yet. I've not felt the need to vomit even once after a session with him. I can see that happening with boxing training tho. 
  • Back to my outfit. My coworker told me I look like a model today. Pffffftttt!!!! I told her to GET OUT! But I really meant, go on...





  • Oh what a day. I'm tired, cranky and didn't eat enough or drink enough water. But I got to see my dad. We had dinner and did a bit of shopping. I also organized his pills and we talked about the same things over and over. He can't remember if he already told me stuff or not. He did tell me I looked like a million bucks and also mentioned my complexion a dozen times. But I can never get tired of hearing my dad tell me how great I look and how proud he is of me. 
  • My calories were low today. I only ate breakfast lunch and dinner. And my fat was high. The culprit? Four eggs and an avocado for breakfast. I was feeling rungry and needed more than just eggs. All I ate for carbs today? Broccoli. Lots and lots of broccoli. Tomorrow is a new day and I will eat more quality calories. Today's were good but I'll be more mindful of my fat intake tomorrow. Off to bed. Early morning training session and I'm going to HIIT the dreadmill at 5:40 am...