Saturday, September 19, 2015

The post about a bad run, but a good massage and being a shopping goddess...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's a backward kinda day. I'm posting this pic before my running pic even though I ran before having coffee. So this is my recovery coffee for #coffeetime. Had to get moving just after 5am because I've an early massage appointment followed by a dental appointment in Scarborough followed by a client appointment in Toronto. Busy day! And I need to get into the shower because full body massage means lots of extra grooming this morning. I really need this though. I'm feeling super stiff everywhere. It's Friday!!!





  • This morning's run was completely ass dragging. I lay in bed till just before 5am talking myself into running. I'm glad I dragged myself out of bed and dressed in my gear right away. It was a caffeine free run. No coffee was tough but I missed that window of opportunity by laying around for 1/2 an hour. Lesson learned. Was out my door just after 5 and it was hard but I got it done. 
  • My reward? Deep tissue massage. Hurt like the devil, but the toga party that followed was awesome. I've been seeing my massage therapist for almost 3 years. He's known me since I just started maintenance. He told me today that he can tell I'm working hard. That means something coming from him because he knows my body and my muscle knots better than I do. There's definite muscle definition forming. That's exciting to hear...





  • I'm lying in the dark as I write this. No real reason why. Maybe I'm trying to be mysterious:-) So Friday's final countdown. Busy day that was not as warm as it was supposed to be. Run, massage, dentist (still in the no cavity club), client birthday dinner at the Mandarin in Toronto, shopping, blogging, case logs and work emails. My weekend has officially begun. That means I also had #winetime
  • My food today was plentiful. I went to the Mandarin with every intention of pigging out (on as much shrimp as I could stomach), but alas, I only managed 2 plates. And one was salad. The other was meat and vegetables. I definitely ate enough today, but again, I didn't eat all my calories. Honestly though? I've never counted calories. I just log my food for a guideline. To make sure I eat enough. 
  • Today I scored big time in the clearance section of Smart Set. Everything is 50% off the lowest ticketed price. So I bought 4 skirts, 4 shorts, 3 dresses, 1 pair of jeans, 2 tops, a white jean jacket, a jean vest and 2 bracelets for $100. All the shorts were $3.50. And most other items were $5. I think the white jean jacket was the most expensive item at $10. That's fecken crazy. And although the shorts are obviously summer wear, the dresses can be worn with tights. I continue to be a shopping goddess. Bed time. Gym in the morning then I have to get my dad to the doctor for noon. G'nite beautiful people...