Friday, September 11, 2015

The post about early morning workouts, body sculpting and fun in Brantford...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #smoothietime. Feeling particularly bagged this morning. Nothing running interval sprints on a treadmill at 5:30 won't fix. Get an early morning trainer they said. It'll be great they said. Haha! I kid. I need to train in the morning. By the time evening rolls around, I've got nothing left in me. 
  • I often get asked how I get up so early to work out. It was a necessity in order to get my fitness in, so I just do it. I used to be an evening runner but I spent too much time away from home. I'm back home in time to get Julien up for school when I'm getting it done this early. He's no idea I've even left! And it's just done. I don't have to think about it for the rest of the day. Plus, no one is at the gym. When I went to get reassessed on Tuesday evening, the gym was packed. I couldn't imagine working out at that time. Busy day ahead spent in my car:-( But I've #winetime to look forward to with my sister later...





  • It was cold this morning, I'm sore, I needed to use my mug to warm my face. #Coffeetime was fast and furious. Needed to eat, get into the shower and on the road. Another busy day that's going to be spent mostly in my car. Leaving the office at noon to drive to Mennonite country. 
  • Today at the gym the focus was shoulders and abs. My abs are going to hurt tomorrow. And for sure I'm going to rest tomorrow as per Tony's instruction. I do need a day off. Today was my 8th consecutive day of fitness. I'm just trying to do as much as I can before I'm idle for a spell because I'll be recovering from surgery. 
  • Today we talked about body sculpting. That's essentially what I'm doing now. Tony says I'm too focused on dropping weight. Which is true. He told me (for the 100th time) that I'm not going to lose anymore weight but my body will change as muscle forms. We're sculpting my body. This makes sense, finally. I'm tracking my food just to ensure I'm eating enough calories as my body is changing with strength training. Things are getting harder and bigger. Most notably my legs and bum. I really noticed my bum today in the gym mirror. Tony was laughing at me because I was checking myself out. 
  • I've been working with Tony for 3 months now. And there is definite progress. There's a small group of us that are at the gym at 5:30 in the morning and one of the regulars told me that he can see how hard I work and that I'm looking stronger every week. That was very motivating to hear. Makes it easier to wake up at 4:30am for sure...





  • Today's last word comes from Brantford. Visiting my sister and friend Amy. Today I didn't log any of my food, and none of it's been good. Too many nuts and beef jerky. I spent so much time in my car. That's not a good enough reason to eat crap but I have and it's done. Tomorrow is a new day. I'll be resting tomorrow and regrouping on Saturday and working my ass off at the gym. Looking forward to it...