Monday, September 7, 2015

The post about a dreaded gym visit and RIP CKOC...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and you wanna know what I don't want to do today? Go to the gym. Like not even a little bit. But alas, I will have another cup of java, procrastinate for a while more, then move along. There's a heat advisory and I'd rather be in a/c than not. But I dread doing HIIT. It is a necessary evil though. I wish I could do fasted HIIT, but I need my smoothie before the gym because I get dizzy and light headed without it. Maybe I'll try sportive again. I could do long runs with just a couple scoops of that. And I'm just thinking out loud here.
  • My food goal today? Protein and veggies with no extras (except a glass of wine)! That's my food goal for the week (minus the wine). I've got a mountain of laundry to contend with today and some groceries to pick up. School uniforms need altering too. And I could use a pedicure...





  • The hardest part about going to the gym is actually getting to the gym. Once I'm there and I'm done HIIT I'm good. I had a good workout today. A good enough one to make me smile.

  • 20 minutes of HIIT ✔
  • 30 minutes of upper body ✔
  • 15 minutes of glutes and legs ✔
  • 15 minutes of core ✔

  • A woman walking on the treadmill beside me asked me what I was doing. I usually see her on Sundays. I was running 30 seconds at level 9 then straddling the belt for 30 seconds and squatting. Repeated it 20x. I explained what HIIT was and she said she couldn't understand why I was sweating so much because it looked easy. I assured her it wasn't easy and she should try doing it at a slow jog (because she's not a runner). 
  • We got her speed up to 5.5 and we used my interval watch as her timer. She did it 3x then said she needed to stop. She told me to carry on with much respect:-) I told her to do it finding her own recovery time. Told her to try 30 seconds on, a minute off and to do it for a couple weeks before doing 30 seconds on and 45 seconds off. She said she would definitely try the next time she's at the gym. I think she was humoring me and I'll not see her on Sunday morning again. Because HIIT is no joke yo!





  • Today's final countdown comes with a quick snap of "partial" Smitty. Perhaps tomorrow she'll sit on me and make eye contact. I spent the afternoon at my girlfriend Elin's house. We drank some vino and listened to the final countdown on 1150 CKOC. It's turning into a sports station tomorrow. It was the Hamilton oldies station and has been around my entire life. I'm sad to see it go. But I'm glad I got to listen to the last countdown with Elin. Lots of singing and memories shared. 
  • When I got home I drank a ton of water and ate lots of chicken breast and broccoli with cauliflower. I'm stuffed and tired. My eating was good today fat was a bit high. Not sure why. Coffee cream and ground beef? Perhaps. Never can understand the whole macro thing. I'm never going to eat 50% carbs! One thing for sure though. I do consume a lot of calories. Mostly very quality. Can't count wine as quality calories but the rest are pretty spot on. 
  • Tomorrow is the last day of summer vacation. Not sure what I'm going to do with training. Running, cycling or go to the gym? There's a 9am interval class. I'll decide in the morning. Night night all:-)