Saturday, September 5, 2015

The post about a nervous runner, a broken fibula and the CNE...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I'm having one more cup, then I run. Today will be busy. Running, banking and bills, then spending the day at the CNE with the family. Julien's excited. His favorite ride in the whole world is there. I'm looking forward to walking around and getting out of the house. We did nothing yesterday except hang out at home. I'm nervous to run right now which is silly. I've not run for 9 days but it's not like I haven't done cardio during that time. So one more cup and I'm off. It's already humid so I should look delightful when I'm done...





  • That was not a good time. But it's done. Hot, humid, ass dragging. Couldn't get my breathing together. Felt so uncoordinated and sloppy. Meh. I'll try again tomorrow!
  • #FlashBackFriday to 2 years ago today. The bottom left picture shows me in urgent care with my right ankle cast. I was training for what I hoped would be my 1st marathon (Road2Hope), and went down during an early morning training run. I broke my fibula and sprained my ligaments badly. I was out for 10 weeks. 
  • I remember being so scared I would gain a ton of weight during that time. I was pretty much house bound because I couldn't drive so I couldn't work. I was off on sick leave for 6 weeks. I actually lost weight and got down to my lowest adult weight ever (156). Since I couldn't run, I made sure my eating was on point and I did a lot of floor exercises. I've not seen 156 since. I came back a stronger runner. My comeback race was the Around the Bay 30k and I crushed it that year. I had a good pace during my comeback time. I've not gotten that back either. And I've never run a marathon and never will because you know, Morton's Neuroma...





  • It's a very late final countdown. I just got home from a full day at the CNE. My feet hurt and I'm dead tired. I'm not gonna say that it was disappointing, but they really need to change it up a bit. Everything is still the same as it has been for years. And there was quite the crowd today. Much to Julien's chagrin, we had to wait in line for rides, which he hates doing. So we didn't end up going on many rides. My dad walked around and looked in the buildings with my husband and we all met at the food building for dinner. 
  • My fat is high again today, but it's because of what I ate before going to the CNE. Avocado and No Frills hot Italian sausage. I ate a half chicken dinner, skin removed with garden salad from Swiss Chalet for dinner. I'm such a creature of habit. I've no problem finding healthy options at the CNE. The food building is full of them. And the pic of the lamb? Because it's fecken cute. You're welcome!