Friday, September 11, 2015

The post about feeling lean, a pre-op appointment and an orange dress...



  • Meanwhile, Wednesday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I feel lean this morning. I feel like the gym is really beginning to pay off. I've got less jiggly areas and I can feel some obliques coming in. I'm excited to see where I'll be in a few more months. Yesterday evening when I ran into Tony, I met his workout partner. He talks about her a lot and how strong she is. He's also talked to her about me because she knew all about my past and my goals. She is lean and very strong. We talked pull ups. I can't do them unassisted. She can do 8 full unassisted pull ups and said it took her 1.5 years to get there. That really put things into perspective for me. Everything is a process. Running, strength training, boxing. Where I'll be a year from now will differ greatly from where I am right now. I've just gotta keep with it. And something I've learned about myself? I'm no quitter...





  • Well, I'm certainly not going to break any speed records that's for sure. But I ran, I'm dripping in sweat and I feel better for having done it. This is my 7th consecutive day of being active. I suppose I should rest at some point. Maybe Friday. We'll see how I feel. This morning I have my post-op appt with my plastic surgeon. This wait time has just flown by. My dream of having new arms is almost a reality. I've never been put under before. But if I can survive a C-section at over 300 pounds, I'm not too concerned about this. Time to eat something then hit the shower. I've a dinner work function later so I have to dress up today. Extra prep time is needed to shave my legs...





  • It's been a busy day and I've not been on here since this morning. I've missed you all. This morning I had my pre-op at the plastic surgeon's office. Only 2 weeks left before my procedure. I'm more excited than nervous. I've never not hidden my arms before. Even when I was morbidly obese, I usually hid them because they were so big. Today I was told that the procedure including liposuction, will take a total of 3 hours. I'll heal quickly from the lipo, and I should be able to be back doing normal activity in a few days. That's below the waist. The stitches in my arms will stay in for 2 weeks. After the two weeks the doctor will determine when I can go back to the gym. If I've healed well, and there's no swelling, I may only be out a couple weeks. That's my best case scenario and I'm sticking with it. 
  • I got all dressed up for work today, because I was supposed to go to a scholarship dinner with a client. That didn't end up happening and I was all dressed up with nowhere to go. I did got lots of compliments on my dress though. And one of my coworkers who hasn't seen me the entire summer told me that I've lost weight. The truth is I haven't lost any weight. And this is why I should have taken measurements. Because even though my legs are getting more muscular, I'm getting leaner in my middle. And my shoulders are getting broader. I'm becoming more hourglass than pear shaped. 
  • Today's food was not much different than yesterdays. Too much fat, low carb, decent amount of protein. Pork rinds happened this evening and it wasn't pretty. That being said, I'm still 700 calories short today but once again I'm tired of eating. Off to bed with me. I'm waking up at 4:30 a.m. to go and meet with Tony. He's promised me a killer ab workout tomorrow...