Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The post about a funk of a day, home made taco seasoning and going back to yoga...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I'm having a lot of the Monday morning blues. Couldn't get myself out of bed and I'm not in good shape. Something that is note worthy is that I'm too old and stiff to be strapped into thrill rides and thrown around. My neck is stiff and my rotator cuff did not make out well. Plus there is so much on my mind right now that is worrisome. Not sure I can get myself out the door today to do anything. I need to do school prep right now. And I've school pants to shorten. And I've work stuff on my mind. And I'm nothing but a giant complainer. And I need to be deposited on a desert island somewhere. Just for a week. Deserted but with a beautiful beach house and fully stocked. With wine and cheese and a cabana boy...





  • I was in quite the funk today. Did not feel like adulting one bit. Didn't do any fitness this morning. But things are looking up. I've got dinner on. And it's my favorite go to meal. Extra lean ground beef with cabbage. I make my own taco seasoning so it's Paleo approved. And this meal is Dr. Poon approved. I ate this tons while I was on Phase 1 of Dr. Poon.
Home Made Taco Seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • ½ teaspoon dried oregano
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

  • I got this recipe from familyfreshmeals.com. It's simple and I like the flavor of the cumin. I add it to my browned and drained beef, a sliced onion, chopped garlic, shredded cabbage and sliced mushrooms and cook it on medium heat for about 1/2 an hour. It's filling and if you add ground chicken instead of beef, even leaner. Today is #watertime because I'm going to go to the gym to run a rare evening HIIT, then do an hour of yoga. Haven't been to yoga in ages. Fingers crossed I don't hurt myself...





  • Today's final countdown. Which is never actually a countdown. It just sounds cool. I went to yoga. But before I tell you that story, I have to tell you this story. I did HIIT first. On what was clearly the oldest treadmill in Hamilton. But it worked. There was a young buck running beside me. He was also doing HIIT, or so I thought. He'd run hard for a minute, then jump off and drop and give me 20. And just keep repeating that over and over. No breaks, no water, no nothing. That was some serious cardio. He was there when I got there and he was there when I finished. So,even though I no longer felt hardcore, I was dripping in sweat by the time I climbed the stairs to yoga. 
  • And boy was that a full class. Other than sweating profusely, I managed to get through it unscathed. I noticed a few new things about my body today. While doing HIIT, there was less jiggling than normal. And my leg muscles (especially my upper inner thighs) were really noticeable when I did some of the yoga poses. 
  • I'm nodding off so that means goodnight John Boy. Four thirty comes quickly. I'm training with Tony in the morning...