Monday, September 14, 2015

The post about a nice conversation at the gym and not a whole lot else...



  • Meanwhile, Saturday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I just got out of bed 45 minutes ago. Fell asleep last night while posting on here. That's the 2nd time I've done that. Today is dismal. Rain and cold all day. Nothing to do really but go to the gym and get my sweat on. I'll do a bit of everything but start with HIIT like I always do. Dread doing it but it's only 20 minutes and then I get to do the stuff that's much more fun. Like squats and lunges:-( And I need to take the boy out and get him fall clothes. All his pants from last fall/winter are too short. And he needs long sleeve tops. And I need to go through my own closet and try on pants. Gotta see what still fits and what is indecently tight in my bum and legs. That's real gym probs right there... 





  • Solid workout at the gym this morning. Completed my 20 mins of HIIT and all the upper body, some legs, glutes and I always finish with core. I was chatting with an elderly man on the treadmill beside me. He was so incredibly adorable I could barely stand it. He's 83 and he was walking but watching what I was doing very closely. Then he said, "You are doing so well with your interval training. I know it's not easy". I thanked him and he told me he was a runner when he was younger. He was a marathon runner and ran both Boston and New York several times. He asked if I was trying to improve my running time by doing sprints. I told him that I wasn't running as much right now but was more focused on strength training because I'm going to be training as a charity boxer soon. I told him I did HIIT to burn fat. He told me he was super impressed I was going to box because boxing was very hard (he boxed in the service many years ago). Then he told me that I was well on my way to becoming a strong boxer because I had much more muscle on me than fat. I think I love him...





  • Boring post alert. Today was a complete write off. Well, I did get to the gym so that's something. My Fitness Pal just sent me a message telling me I haven't logged any food today. I know without doing it that I did not eat enough. I had a pre-gym smoothie, recovery meal of eggs and avocado, lunch was carrot sticks with a bit of hummus, and salmon and broccoli for dinner. Snacks were a peach and watermelon. I'm way below my calorie intake because I also did a solid 1.5 hour workout at the gym. Perhaps tomorrow will be better. I may go the gym again if I get up early enough. If not, I'll be running.
  • I cleaned my silver jewelry today. That's as exciting as it got. At least Smitty has forgiven me and is once again clawing the shit out of my leg. Tomorrow should be a good day. I've a mother/son date with my boy. We're heading to Canada's Wonderland for the afternoon. It's bedtime. My eyes are heavy...