Sunday, September 6, 2015

The post about excess arm skin, a 7K with Tanya and my sneaky dad...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I'm feeling all brave this morning. Other than cropping my head and adding vignette to the pic, I'm leaving my flapping arm and stretch marks on my tummy. The range hood light really shows them off this morning. 
  • I've rarely showed my arms because I'm so self conscious of them. I will do a before and after surgery comparison, but there you can see the excess skin I'm talking about. It's not just a little, it's a lot. When I tell people in my real life that I'm going for surgery, they usually respond with, "I've never noticed the skin on your arms before". That's because they've never seen it. I'm a pro at hiding it. Clearly I've been doing a good job. But I cannot wait until I can wear sleeveless tops and dresses. I'm a prime candidate for halter styles. I've no boobs:-) 
  • Seventeen more days and I'm under the knife. I'm much more excited than nervous. And after a few weeks of healing, I'm back in the gym working hard with Tony. He's promised me beautiful, sculpted arms and I can't wait. Since I'm going to be a boxer, I need to look the part. I'm off to run in an hour with Tanya. We haven't seen each other in a few weeks and we desperately need to catch up. Then it's back to Scarborough with my dad. Pills and groceries to contend with. Busy day ahead...





  • This morning I ran 7k along the Rail Trail with this girl. Neither of us was feeling it and it was fairly ass dragging but we ran. We definitely could have run harder, but hot damn it was already freaking humid at 8am! Afterwards we went to Symposium Cafe in Ancaster and stuffed our faces. I had a 3 egg omelet with grilled veggies and (OMG) home fries that were white potato. I'm sure I've gained weight from eating white potato. 
  • Now this is definitely something I need to work on. Just because I have 1 serving of a food I avoid does not mean that my good health has been compromised. It's one time and I'm not gonna lie, I'm still obsessively thinking about it. I need to let it go already. A serving of white potato is not evil. But potato chips? That's a whole different kettle of fish...



After getting home from my dad's, I had #winetime...


  • Today's last word is happening with Smitty lying beside me. I think she has forgotten about us abandoning her for 3 days while we went to Montreal. She's not exactly looking at me yet, but she is lying within arm's reach of me. This is progress people! 
  • So, calories today were high. Fat is lower than it has been. I went out to lunch with my dad at Chinese buffet. Although I stuck to veggies and seafood, I've no idea how it was prepared. After we ate, we went to get his meds and I filled up his month long pill organizer. Then we made a shopping list and went to get groceries. 
  • My dad kept trying to give me money. I left my wallet in the glove compartment of my car and just took out my visa to get gas. After dropping him off and driving the hour back to Hamilton, I go into the glove compartment to get my wallet and to put my visa back and there's $100. Such a sneak! I wish he didn't feel like he has to pay me to help him with things. It's my pleasure. He took care of me and still does. 
  • I took our customary photo and after he saw our picture, he said, "My God Leigh Anne, no one would ever believe we're related. Look how ghost white I am". That made me lol because we're not related by blood. We're related by law. He adopted me when I was 6 months old.
  • Not sure why I'm so bagged. It's only 9:30pm and I can't keep my eyes open. Tomorrow morning I hit the gym. Gotta do HIIT and strength training. Hope my rotator cuff feels up to it. If not I'll be doing lower body and core. Special attention to my glutes...