Friday, September 4, 2015

The post about a smoothie, Throwback Thursday and a very scary moment...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • What's in your blender? Mine has fruit blend protein smoothie.

  • 1 small banana frozen
  • 3/4 cup Great Value frozen fruit blend
  • 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
  • 1 scoop Genuine Health Proteins + vanilla powder
  • 1 tbsp wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup of water

  • Blend until smooth and enjoy. It's pretty yummy. Gotta get a move on. Doing 20 minutes of HIIT before I see Tony. Can't wait for coffeetime...





  • It's #coffeetime and I earned my java today! There is barely a dry spot on me. Tony was relentless this morning and I loved it! My shoulders are crying.

  • 20 mins of HIIT✔
  • 30 mins of upper body✔
  • 20 mins of legs✔
  • 10 mins of core✔

  • A good solid workout and I'm fatigued for sure. He's going to work me super hard the next few weeks because my surgery is coming up and I'll need a couple weeks recovery. My biggest success? Assisted dips with the lowest resistance weight yet. But I failed miserably at push-ups AGAIN! I did them against a bar bell which was easier, but cheating. My core is coming back slowly, and that's what I need strength in to be more successful at push-ups. I think it's time to go back to yoga...





  • #ThrowbackThursday to 2 very different happy times in my life. On the left is me and the love of my life in the summer of 2008. Julien was not even a year old and I was basking in the joy of new motherhood. That was an awesome summer because it was my first with my beautiful boy. 
  • The right pic is from this summer and my guy is still number one in my life and the most beautiful child I know (but I am biased). Everyday he brings me such joy and I am truly blessed to be his mother. But I am more blessed to be able to keep up with him. The things I get to do with him would not be possible if I was the size I was on the left. Getting my health back was the best thing I ever did for both of us and that is why I bust my ass everyday to stay healthy. I'll never let him down. I love him more than any food I could possibly eat. He's worth every workout I do, and so am I...





  • It's the last word sans Smitty. She still hates me. I gave a peace offering of catnip, but she took a hit and turned her back on me. Perhaps tomorrow she will look at me. And let me stroke her. 
  • So I had some successes today. Back to school shopping is done and I'm so happy I was able to find cool and comfortable runners for my boy (who has the gargantuan feet). Sketchers to the rescue! They only cost me an arm (the Reeboks which were the other possibility would have cost my leg as well).
  • My other success was that I found a monthly pill organizer for my dad at the dollar store. Dollarama to the rescue! This excites me to no end because now I don't have to worry if I can't get to my dad's on the exact day that his pills could run out. There was also a heart attack moment. My dad fell in the shower. Thank God my husband was here to help him up because I messed up my rotator cuff this morning at the gym and don't have great range of motion in my right arm right now. I think this happened during the dips this morning. My dad is fine. Just a sore shoulder. I'm rubbing Voltaren on him and me regularly. 
  • Today's fat was high again. Avocado and eggs and tuna packed in olive oil were the culprits. Calories were high too. I may have overindulged in wine. And I was hungry today. HIIT and strength training do that to you. Tomorrow morning I run. Should be interesting. I haven't run in over a week...