Thursday, September 24, 2015

The post about the day after surgery (boring title because nothing's going on)...



  • It's #coffeetime and I'm stiff and sore. But where did my batwings and saddle bags go? Stiff and sore but happy. I will heal. I've never slept so much my entire life that's for sure. But I get sore from lying in the same position. My little man is so adorable. Checking on me every 15 minutes and wanting to help however he can. He's such a sweetheart. I'm off to the doctor this morning to get my dressings off. I know it's gonna hurt. They're on with crazy glue or something. Hope you're all doing well. Again thank you for all your wonderful and caring messages. You guys are awesome...





  • Sorry for the graphic pic. But it's not as bad as it looks. I stopped bleeding over night which was much welcome. I bled mostly from my incisions for the liposuction. Which incidentally are right below my bum cheeks. I thought they were in my outer thighs. But they're just one small hole under each cheek. I bleed a lot yesterday. I went to see Dr Patterson today and he's very happy with how my incisions look. He told me to shower and redress everything. So I did. And I'm washing my compression garment as I type this. It was a bloody mess. I feel much better getting clean. And I don't smell like surgery anymore. You know that iodine hospital smell. My right arm is more painful than my left and that's true for my lipo site as well. At least I'm consistent. Even though I'm swollen and no where near what my arms will look like once they're healed, I'm so happy. Putting on my hoodie that was tight in the arms yesterday morning, it's now big in the arms. So strange. Welcome but strange...





  • My biggest dilemma right now? Boredom. But I'll not complain. I've not rested like this since I can't even remember. The pain pills knock me right out. Like for hours at a time. And my lower body feels surprisingly worse than my arms. For 2 tiny incisions, lipo causes a lot of discomfort afterwards. My girlfriend Elin said it's like they use the motion of whipping eggs. So graphic and gross but entirely true. I've seen lipo on TV. It's so aggressively done. But when Julien saw me stand for the first time yesterday he said, "Mommy, where did your leg lumps go"? Where indeed. Sayonara leg lumps. 
  • Today was spent with Baby. She's hanging around me more than usual. I've finished eating for the day and I've one more round of meds to take around midnight. I may just give in and start watching TV again. I haven't watched TV for many years. I can't read because I can't hold a book up for long. My arms get too stiff and sore. Or maybe I'll sleep more. Smitty's with me now and her purr is like a soothing lullaby...